𝕮⃟Hapter 67

»𝐶⃪67«
: MY DRAGON

• • •
At nine o’clock, Man TianZhu came to pick up Nan HuaiLin on time.

Nan HuaiLin was sitting in the passenger seat reading the script of Beast.

Man TianZhu took a glance at him and asked, “Do you want to work so hard?”

Nan HuaiLin laughed, “I don’t have time to read it at home.”

He had to take care of the little ones during the day and the big one at night, so his time was divided up.

Man TianZhu said, “The news of your starring role in the new Netflix series has been officially announced, and Weibo is buzzing with excitement.”

Nan HuaiLin was silent for a moment, “It’s annoying to be on the top of the search all the time, can you find a way to take it down?”

Man TianZhu laughed and said, “Other people are paying for hot searches, but you’re paying to take them down, tsk.”

Nan HuaiLin said, “I don’t want to be overexposed.”

“I understand,” Man TianZhu nodded, “I’ll do it later.”

At ten o’clock, Nan HuaiLin arrived at the studio in Sanlitun SOHO.

He was shooting the cover of the May issue of Motion Picture magazine today, together with Qi Gu, the other star of My Father. Before Qi Gu arrived, Nan HuaiLin did his makeup first. He sat in front of the make-up table, the make-up artist stared at his face for a while but didn’t do anything, so Nan HuaiLin looked up at her, “Is there a problem?”

The make-up artist was famous in the industry and had done make-up for a lot of big and small fresh meat, but this was the first time she encountered such a situation with Nan HuaiLin. She smiled and shook her head, “No, I just think… There’s nothing on your face that needs to be done.”

This recently popular young celebrity, who’s obviously not wearing any makeup, was more beautiful than others with makeup a hundred times – white and shiny skin, thick and shaped eyebrows, dense and long eyelashes, bright eyes, straight and upright nose, red and full lips, sharp and smooth jaw line, his whole face didn’t have a flaw.

Nan HuaiLin smiled, “Then let’s do my hair straight away.”

The makeup artist nodded and went to call the hair stylist just as Qi Gu came in, Nan HuaiLin stood up and greeted him, “Teacher Qi, long time no see.”

Qi Gu was caught off guard by his amazement and froze before smiling and saying, “Why do you call me teacher? Call me dad.”

The first time they met, the opening line was almost exactly the same. Nan HuaiLin smiled, he did always call Qi Gu father when he was filming My Father, but so much time had passed that he was a bit unable to call him that.

“I’m just kidding,” Qi Gu sat himself down, “how can you take everything I say seriously?”

Nan HuaiLin sat next to him, and the two people chatted, while the makeup artist and hair stylist were busy. Then they were handed over to the costume designer, and finally to the photographer.

The photographer was Xu Luowen, a well-known photographer invited by the magazine. The shooting went very smoothly and was finished in less than two hours.

Nan HuaiLin invited Qi Gu to have lunch with him, but Qi Gu had to rush back to the set to shoot a movie, “When we go to Cannes next month, Daddy will treat you.”

Nan HuaiLin smiled and nodded, “Okay.”

Qi Gu left first, Nan HuaiLin waited for Man TianZhu to pick him up, so he stayed in the dressing room for a while. As he was reading the script, cameraman Xu Luowen knocked on the door and came in.