𝕮⃟Hapter 44

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 44

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

The sun was shining when he boarded the plane in Beijing, but it was windy and rainy when he got off the plane in Lincang.

Nan HuaiLin sat in the car, looking at the unfamiliar city in the storm, and suddenly remembered the time in Hengdian when he and Fei Cheng were walking in the rain with one umbrella, and Fei Cheng tilted the umbrella towards him. He didn’t get wet, but Fei Cheng was drenched in water.

His longing was unreasonable and he could find reasons for it in every corner.

“It’s my first time in Yunnan,” Man Tianzhu said, holding up her phone to take a picture, “and it feels so beautiful here.”

“It’s pretty.” Nan HuaiLin responded absentmindedly.

After taking a picture and posting it to her friend circle, Man Tianzhu put away her phone, took a look at the ring on Nan HuaiLin’s left ring finger, and said, “Your ring looks quite special. What kind of material is it?”

Nan HuaiLin’s heart suddenly tingled for a moment, and he paused for a few seconds before answering, “An ordinary jade stone.”

Man Tianzhu asked again, “From whom?”

Nan HuaiLin’s heart was both sweet and sour, and he gave a low ‘mmm’.

Man Tianzhu paused, “But… Wouldn’t it be unwise to wear it on your ring finger? People will think twice if they see it.”

Nan HuaiLin thought about it and said, “You can buy a silver chain for me on Taobao, I’ll wear the ring around my neck.”

Man Tianzhu said, “Okay”.

About an hour later, they arrived at their destination – a residential building in Gengma Town, Lincang, the home of Chen Bu and Chen Chi in My Father.

Nan HuaiLin would live here with Chi Gu for half a month before filming began, to experience life and walk through the scenes in advance.

The residential building looked very shabby from the outside, and the house was even more rudimentary when he entered it. Just being in this house, which was out of sight, made Nan HuaiLin feel depressed, and with the scenes in the script constantly coming to mind, his depression was even heavier.

“Nan HuaiLin?” someone behind him called his name.

Nan HuaiLin hurriedly turned around and saw the person standing at the door, he was surprised and happy, and bowed in a panic, “Hello, Teacher Qi!”

Qi Gu walked over and said with a smile, “Don’t call me teacher, I’m your father from now on, so call me dad.”

First time meeting his idol and being asked to call him dad… Nan HuaiLin really couldn’t do that.

“I’m teasing you, but you’re taking it seriously.” Qi Gu smiled brightly and returned to his proper color, “How is the script going?”

“Not b- not bad at all.” Nan HuaiLin was so nervous that his tongue was tied.

“Act a paragraph?” Advisor Qi.

“No-now?” Nan HuaiLin was slightly surprised.

“Now.” Qi Gu looked at him and said.

Nan HuaiLin instantly understood that Qi Gu was testing him to see how much he had and whether he was qualified to act with him.

“Okay.” Nan HuaiLin steadied his heart, “Which part do you want to act?”