𝕮⃟Hapter 12

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 12

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

When he walked onto the subway, Nan HuaiLin was still in a state of confusion. He pinched his thigh hard. Hiss! It hurts! Not a dream.

His cell phone rang, and when he pulled it out, it was Shen Chong.

“Hello.” His voice was breathless, as his brain was still in a state of limbo.

“Why does it sound like you’re not doing well?” Shen Chong was keenly aware of it. “Did the audition go badly?”

“No,” Nan HuaiLin said in a daze. “Director Luo said that he wanted me to play the second male role.”

“Holy shit!” Shen Chong instantly exploded. “Really?”

Nan HuaiLin was confused, and he didn’t know if it was true or not.

Shen Chong said, “I’ve read the script of Star Country. I especially like the second male. If not for my position here, which means I can only take the first male, the second male would be mine. Little Lin, you’ve made a fortune this time, I tell you.”

“Ah, yeah.” Nan HuaiLin did not know what to say.

“Hey,” Shen Chong suddenly changed his tone. “It’s not right.”

“What’s wrong?” Nan HuaiLin’s heart stuttered, as if he had won the five million lottery and was told he might have made a mistake.

Shen Chong said, “I remember that the second male was given to Chen JingTian? How can director Luo say that you should play the second male? Didn’t you audition for the third male role?”

Nan HuaiLin knew Chen JingTian, who is also an actor of Ming Xi. When Shi Yan became popular, Chen JingTian played the third male in the same comic idol drama. That drama brought a host of main and supporting characters, but only Shi Yan became more and more popular, the others did not have follow-up works as support, and their popularity slowly declined.

“I have to ask Director Luo what’s going on,” Shen Chong said. “I have to hang up now.”

Nan HuaiLin swallowed the words that came out of his mouth, feeling a bit complicated. Should he be happy or worried now?

Just now Luo Ke only verbally said that, and, until he’d been officially signed, everything was still subject to change… so it was better to take it as it was.

As he was thinking, his phone rang again.

This time it was Fei Cheng calling.

“How did the audition go?” Fei Cheng asked.

“I don’t know,” Nan HuaiLin said. “I’m waiting to be told.”

Fei Cheng said, “Oh,” After two seconds of silence, he said, “I’m bored, do you want to play together?”

Nan HuaiLin couldn’t help but laugh. “I’m not bored even if you are. I have a lot of things to do.”

Fei Cheng asked in passing, “What are you doing on the weekend?”

Nan HuaiLin laughed and said, “Mr. Fei, aren’t you being too lenient?”

Nan HuaiLin and Fei Cheng were obviously not from the same class of people, but Nan HuaiLin and Fei Cheng were not at all formal in their conversation. It could be because they first met on the subway, or because Fei Cheng had helped him several times, or because Fei Cheng didn’t exude the aura of high society, but was actually very grounded… In short, he felt very comfortable with Fei Cheng.