𝕮⃟Hapter 11

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 11

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

Nan HuaiLin slept heavily. When he woke up, he checked his phone first and saw it was just after eight o’clock in the morning. After touching his forehead, he realized he still had a slight fever but it was not as serious as it had been the last two days. He got up, washed up, and then went downstairs to eat breakfast.  He ate two buns and a bowl of congee with a small dish of pickled vegetables.

Halfway through the meal, his phone rang. Nan HuaiLin answered, “Hello?”

“Me.” A word popped out.

“……” The voice was a little familiar, but not familiar enough to hear who it was based on one word alone.

“Your brother, Chong.” The other side added another sentence.

This time, he knew it was Shen Chong.

“Why haven’t you released me from the blacklist yet?” Shen Chong said discontentedly. “Hasn’t our friendship boat already set sail? Is it appropriate for you to treat me like this?”

“You…” Nan HuaiLin was speechless for two seconds. “Do you have a problem?”

“I can’t call you early in the morning?” Shen Chong said. “Do you remember the director Luo that you met at Pure K last time?”

“Yes,” Nan HuaiLin said, “Luo Ke.”

“I think I told you last time that he is preparing a new drama and he has booked me as the male lead.” Shen Chong said, “He called me yesterday and said that you are particularly suitable for the role of the third male character and wants you to audition for it.”

Nan HuaiLin was a little confused.

Luo Ke did say he was suitable for the third male role that day. He thought it was just a casual, polite remark, but was he serious?

“Hello? Are you still breathing?” Shen Chong said. “Why don’t you say something?”

“Ah, I’m listening,” Nan HuaiLin said. “But doesn’t the company not allow actors to take on private roles?”

Shen Chong said, “Isn’t your agent He Dinghong? He was fired yesterday, don’t you know?”

“Yes.” Nan HuaiLin said.

“Then that’s it.” Shen Chong said. “Don’t worry about anything else. Just go to the audition and I’ll say hello to the director.”

Nan HuaiLin hesitated briefly and said, “Then…thank you.”

Shen Chong laughed, “It’s not easy to hear a good word from you. Hurry up and get brother off the blacklist. I’ll send you Luo’s cell phone number later and you can contact him directly.”

Nan HuaiLin said, “Okay.”

After hanging up the phone, Nan HuaiLin was still a bit confused.

He was a bit flattered by the good things that came to him one after another.

Could this be the legendary ‘coming of age?’

This was so exciting!

When he recovered, Nan HuaiLin hurriedly pulled Shen Chong’s number out of the blacklist.

A text message came immediately afterwards, with only a cell phone number.

Then another one, [Call him now.]