𝕮⃟Hapter 58

After they were fed, the baby dragons flew away to play.

Nan HuaiLin and Lancelot went to wash the bottles, but just as they walked into the kitchen, they heard Fei Cheng shout, “Wife. Phone!”

“Who is it?” Nan HuaiLin asked.

“Agent!” Fei Cheng said.

Nan HuaiLin put down the bottle, and ran out to answer the phone, “Hello, Sister Shan.”

Shan Mingen said, “Nan, I know you took a month off, but this opportunity is so good that I think you have to take it.”

Nan HuaiLin calmly asked, “What opportunity?”

Shan Mingen said, “You know about Netflix, right?”

Nan HuaiLin felt his heart skip a beat. “Of course.”

Shan Mingen went on, “Netflix is working on a new series about a college student from China who is accused of being a terrorist, and then saves himself from prison.”

Shan Mingen was more excited than Nan HuaiLin. “Netflix is a streaming giant in the U.S., and being in their self-produced series may be your ticket to Hollywood. You should definitely grab this golden opportunity!”

Shan Mingen didn’t wait for Nan HuaiLin to answer and continued, “By the way, there is more good news. My Father has entered the main competition of the Cannes Film Festival. The news just came out today. No matter whether you win an award or not, you are going to walk the red carpet in Cannes in May. My Father will be released in June, so you have to cooperate with the promotion after coming back from Cannes. If you also win the lead role in the new Netflix series, you’ll probably be very, very busy.”

Nan HuaiLin had been so obsessed with love lately that he had completely left his work behind, but Shan Mingen’s call made his blood surge. Hollywood, Cannes… these were places that he had never dreamed that he would have the opportunity to step foot in, but now he was going to go out into the world to fight for the glory of his country.

“Nan?”

“Mn,” Nan HuaiLin returned to his senses. “What did you just say?”

“I’m booking a flight now,” Shan Mingen said. “The flight is at 9:30 tomorrow morning, I’ll personally accompany you to New York for the audition. You–“

“Sister Shan,” Nan HuaiLin interrupted her. “I want Sister Zhu to accompany me.”

“What?” Shan Mingen suspected she had heard wrong.

“Ever since I filmed Star Country, it was always Sister Zhu who has been running around with me. She handled everything very well, and I’ll feel more at ease going with her.”

“But…but she’s just an assistant–“

“Not anymore,” Nan HuaiLin interrupted her again. “You wouldn’t know yet, but the company is going to set up a personal studio for me, and I am going to let Sister Zhu be my manager.”

Shan Mingen didn’t say anything.

Nan HuaiLin then went on to say, “So please, Sister Shan, hand over the details of Netflix to Sister Zhu, and I thank Sister Shan for taking care of me this time.”

Nan HuaiLin was just making a casual remark as a courtesy.

In fact, from the time she became his manager until now, Shan Mingen had done nothing for him. She had been promoting Chen Jing Tian while he was still obscure. During the Star Country casting incident, where Chen Jing Tian’s fans furiously painted him black, Shan Mingen stood by and did nothing. Now that he had a great opportunity, she finally wanted to take up the responsibilities of manager, but he no longer needed her.