𝕮⃟Hapter 20

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 20

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

While Fei Cheng was eating noodles, he was also calling Nan HuaiLin, “Where have you gone?”

Nan HuaiLin said on the other side, “My classmate just called me and asked me to go out, so I made you a bowl of instant noodles before I left. You can eat a couple of bites of that and I’ll bring you a snack when I get back.”

Fei Cheng knew he was lying, but didn’t poke holes in his story. He just smiled and said, “Okay, well, you have fun. There’s no need to bring a snack back, this bowl of noodles will fill me up.”

After hanging up the phone, Fei Cheng shook his head and laughed. His future wife was too cute!

Fei Cheng sat down to eat the noodles, and unexpectedly found the taste was not bad.

After finishing the noodles and drinking water to rinse his mouth, he heard the doorbell ring and he rushed to open the door.

“Brother,” Fei Cheng said with a smile. “Welcome.”

Fei Zheng came in, and Fei Cheng took a pair of slippers from the shoe rack for him to change into.

“Are you alone?” Fei Zheng asked.

Fei Cheng smiled and replied, “Nan HuaiLin was scared off when he heard you were coming.”

The scared off Nan HuaiLin had nowhere to go, so he strolled along Chang’an Street as an after-dinner exercise. He walked all the way to Tiananmen Square, then turned back the way he came, and sat by the fountain at the Dongfang Xintiandi to continue his afternoon’s progress with the Star Country novel.

At nine o’clock at night, the fountain turned on. With the gorgeous lights as well, it really was beautiful.

Nan HuaiLin raised his cell phone to record a small video, and then “Mr. Rabbit” called.

“Come back,” Fei Cheng said with a little smile in his voice. “My brother is gone.”

Nan HuaiLin knew that Fei Cheng must have caught his lie, so he just gave a cheeky “ooh” and asked, “Do you really not want me to bring some food back?”

“No,” Fei Cheng said. Then he paused and added, “Bring back two cans of beer, I suddenly want to drink.”

Nan HuaiLin went to the nearby China Resources Vanguard 1 and bought a dozen cans of beer and some snacks to drink, and carried them back home.

Fei Cheng greeted him at the door with his hands in his arms, and when their eyes collided, Nan HuaiLin looked down to change his shoes and whispered, “Sorry, I lied.”

Fei Cheng smiled and said, “So scared to see my brother?”

Nan HuaiLin was very weak. “He is the president of Ming Xi! It’s normal for me, a small employee, to be a little afraid of him.”

Fei Cheng nodded. “In fact, my brother just looks cold, but he’s not bad. You’ll know when you get along with him.”

Get along with?

I don’t think so.

“Drink with me?” Fei Cheng asked.

Nan HuaiLin nodded, “Sure, I’ll just have a can.”

The two of them went out onto the balcony.

There were two hanging wicker chairs on the balcony, which were very comfortable to sit in and they swayed like a swing.