𝕮⃟Hapter 63

Until he got on the plane, Nan HuaiLin’s scalp tingled as he remembered dancing in Times Square, and he felt as if his sweat hairs were standing up. At the time he was surrounded by a tidal wave of American people. Not only was Man Tianzhu filming, but many passers-by were holding up their cell phones and taking pictures. He was so nervous that he wanted to find a crack in the ground. When he was filming My Father, and he and Qi Gu played a passionate scene surrounded by the whole crew, he was never this nervous. Worse, the first two times he danced wrong, and the third time he barely passed. As soon as he finished dancing, he pulled Man Tianzhu and fled the scene.

On his way back to the hotel, Man Tianzhu simply edited the video with an app and posted it on Nan HuaiLin’s Weibo account with the caption: [I danced in Times Square [face] [face].]

“‘Nan HuaiLin Times Square’ is the number one trending video,” Man Tianzhu said with excitement as she looked at her phone. “It’s been retweeted 200,000 times in five hours, and commented 150,000 times. One million likes. Your Weibo is blowing up again.”

“Let me see the comments,” Nan HuaiLin said.

Man Tianzhu handed him her phone, and Nan HuaiLin clicked on the comments.

Nan HuaiLin Marry me today: [true-square dance23333]

I’mYourBiscuit: [Life to you, take it!]

LuJinQin Global Support Association President: [Crazy for you, crazy for you, clanging against the wall for you!]

55IW!: [Falling for the man in the suit!]

I’m going to swim in Nan HuaiLin’s abs for a while: [Jumping to see howl!]

Bling Bling: [I was circled for three days, and that shy smile at the end really killed it!]

Nan HuaiLin returned the phone to Man Tianzhu. “Their fans’ filters are too thick. None of them said I danced badly.”

Man Tianzhu smiled and said, “But you’re obviously a good dancer. Handsome and cute.”

Nan HuaiLin laughed, and looked down to send a text message to Fei Cheng: [The plane is about to take off, I’m turning off my phone.]

After he turned off his phone, Nan HuaiLin took out the script of Beast and started reading it from the beginning.

Man TianZhu leaned over, and took a look. “All English lines. Will it be hard to memorize?”

“It is indeed difficult,” Nan HuaiLin said. “So I have to work harder.”

Man TianZhu nodded. “I support you in spirit.”

Nan HuaiLin smiled. “Thanks.”

Nan HuaiLin couldn’t stop reading the script.

The protagonist of Beast was a Chinese student named Ke ZhiYuan, a graduate student in chemistry at Princeton University, who was accused of being a terrorist after an altercation over molestation by a professor.

Nan HuaiLin only closed the script when he was so tired he couldn’t keep his eyes open. He went to the bathroom to wash his face, came back to his seat, and not long after that was falling asleep.

He slept until the plane landed.

Nan HuaiLin put on his hat and mask, shrugged on his shoulder bag, and got off the plane with Man Tianzhu. While he was walking, he took out his phone and turned it on. Fei Cheng’s WeChat popped up immediately.

Mr. Rabbit: [Wife, I’m here.]

Nan HuaiLin replied with his head down: [Wait for me in the parking lot. Don’t go to the exit to pick me up.]