𝕮⃟Hapter 4

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 4

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

Nan HuaiLin left Fei Zheng’s house before eight o’clock, and walked in the moonlight and neon lights in the direction of the subway station.

Fei Zheng’s house was on the West Second Ring Road, while Nan HuaiLin’s rented house was on the East Fifth Ring Road.

He rented a single-family apartment in a five-story building with a dozen rooms on each floor. Although the location was remote, the apartment was clean. It was about 20 square feet, with a kitchen and bathroom, air conditioning and heating, and a monthly rent of 1,800.

As he passed through the first floor, Nan HuaiLin went to the manager to pay the rent, then dragged his tired body up to the fourth floor and went back to his nest. He cooked a bowl of instant noodles, opened his laptop, and read the “Content of Domestic Work and Notes” sent to him by Ruan Xin while he ate the noodles.

It was more than fifty pages long. Too much.

Nan HuaiLin read the document item by item, and decided that he would go to the copy agency tomorrow to print it out.

After eating the noodles, he cleaned the pot and washed the dishes.

Once he finished up, Nan HuaiLin looked around and started collecting Shi Yan’s belongings.

Shi Yan would occasionally come to his place to spend the night, and, although it wasn’t many times, he still left some things here.

Nan HuaiLin took out a solid-colored bed sheet, folded it into a rectangle and laid it on the bed. Then he put Shi Yan’s things, mainly clothes, underwear, hats, etc., on the sheet one by one and took pictures of them. Then he opened up Idle Fish and put them all up for sale with Shi Yan’s name in the title, such as ‘the underwear of Shi Yan, the popular young star,’ and kept the price very reasonable.

After all this, Nan HuaiLin took a shower and went to bed.

He thought he wouldn’t sleep, but he fell asleep quickly.

It had been a very tiring day for him.

Early the next morning, Nan HuaiLin took the thick pile of printouts of “Domestic Work and Precautions” and again traveled halfway across Beijing to Fei Zheng’s house.

After serving Hannibal his food and drink, Nan HuaiLin put on his headphones and followed the instructions in the document, listening to songs while he worked.

The house was a little too big, and he had only cleaned half of it in the morning.

He went out for a casual lunch and came back to work.

Ruan Xin came over after work to check his progress inside and out, then said, “It’s very good. It’s beyond my expectation. I’m happy with it, and Mr. Fei probably can’t find anything wrong with it. I don’t think I will have to find someone else.”

Nan HuaiLin was overjoyed.

He was a man who did everything to the best of his ability, and nothing gave him a greater sense of accomplishment than to be recognized for his work.

“But are you sure you want to do housekeeping?” Ruan Xin said. “As a graduate of Beijing Film Academy, isn’t it too shameful to do this?”

“I want to do it,” Nan HuaiLin said, “I should be grateful that you’re giving me a job, there’s nothing to be aggravated about.”