𝕮⃟Hapter 15

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 15

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

The next morning, Nan HuaiLin went to the management office to ask for details. The landlord, a middle-aged man with a fat face, poured out his grievances to the tenants. He said that the building had only been built for less than a year and the cost had only been recovered by 20%. Then adding on that there was no real estate license and the government would not pay for it even if it was demolished. He went on to say that he had invested half of his life savings in the building and now he wanted to die.

Nan HuaiLin came out silently.

Compared with the hardships of others, this was not worth mentioning to him. He had moved seven or eight times in the past few years since he came to Beijing. With only one week left until the end of the month, he had to start looking for an apartment now.

The landlord had just said that all the apartments in the area would be demolished. He suggested that they rent a house in a regular neighborhood, but they should be prepared for a recent sharp increase in rent.

Nan HuaiLin spent a morning collecting more than a dozen suitable properties on 58.com. He then went out in the afternoon to see the properties, but returned disappointed. Either the pictures were too different from the real ones, or the rents were seriously different from the online ones.

He returned home with a tired body, and received a call from Ruan Xin just after he entered the house. Ruan Xin said, “I’ve found a housekeeper, you don’t need to go there tomorrow. I’ll transfer your salary to you by WeChat for the next few days.”

Nan HuaiLin hastily refused, “No, no! I’m already embarrassed to have caused you so much trouble, I definitely won’t ask for my salary.”

Ruan Xin persuaded him a few times, but when he insisted on not taking it, he didn’t insist. “Okay, then I’ll treat you to a meal some day.”

Nan HuaiLin said, “Dinner is fine, but only if I buy it. I’ve always wanted to buy you dinner, to thank you for giving me a job.”

Ruan Xin cried and laughed, “You’re so…That’s cute.”

Nan HuaiLin asked, embarrassed, “Is that a compliment?”

Ruan Xin replied, “Of course.”

Nan HuaiLin smiled and said, “It feels good to be praised by the man of the hour.”

Ruan Xin was the god of all things, and 80% of his employees were his fans. Nan HuaiLin was one of them.

After hanging up the phone, the depression in his heart was washed away. He didn’t have to go to Fei Zheng’s house tomorrow to do housekeeping, he didn’t have to run to the office until he was claimed by his new agent, and he didn’t hear anything from the Star Country crew, so he had plenty of time to find a house.

But early the next morning, Nan HuaiLin was called to the office by a phone call.

The caller said her name was Shan Mingen, his new manager, and asked him to meet him at the office for a face-to-face meeting. Nan HuaiLin arrived at the office as quickly as possible and went straight to Shan Mingen’s office. His new manager was a very good one.

“Have a seat.” Shan Mingen’s gaze landed on Nan HuaiLin, sizing him up without moving.

Nan HuaiLin was slightly restrained, not knowing what to say, and Shan Mingen was also silent. The atmosphere was a bit awkward for a while.

After a minute or so of silence, Shan Mingen suddenly spoke, “I’ve heard of you.”

Nan HuaiLin was stunned. This…That’s a little unlikely, right?