𝕮⃟Hapter 42

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 42

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

The next morning, before Nan HuaiLin left the house, he explained to Sister Yun, “Sister Yun, I’ll clean the master bedroom myself, so you don’t have to go in.”

Sister Yun nodded, “Okay, I understand.”

After leaving the door, Nan HuaiLin walked to the office, which took less than ten minutes. Shan Mingen had called him half an hour ago and asked him to come to the office, not saying what for, but Nan HuaiLin guessed it was to give him a new role.

He was more anxious than ever to be busy, because being busy would make him think less, would make the time go faster, and he now really knew what it meant to be homesick, and what it meant to spend days like years.

He just entered the company and ran into Ruan Xin, whom he hadn’t seen for more than six months.

Although Fei Cheng said before he left that he should call Ruan Xin if he had any difficulties, Nan HuaiLin was too embarrassed to bother the god of men. Fei Cheng was away and the god of men must be particularly busy, how could he add to his mess?

“Xiao Nan?” Ruan Xin looked at him in surprise, “You’re… I can’t even recognize you.”

Nan HuaiLin said embarrassingly, “I’ve been looking after myself better for the past six months, no plastic surgery.” Fearing that Ruan Xin wouldn’t believe him, he pinched his nose and rubbed his face, “Really.”

Ruan Xin smiled and said, “Your whole body is shining now. You look especially beautiful.”

Nan HuaiLin became more and more embarrassed, smiled down and said, “By the way, Assistant Ruan, has Mr. Fei contacted you yet?”

Ruan Xin nodded, “I’m on my way to the airport to pick him up.” After a pause, he added, “You can come with me if you have time, he should want to see you.”

“My agent wants to see me,” Nan HuaiLin said, “and I’m going to meet with her now.”

“Go on then,” Ruan Xin said, “I have to get going too.”

Only when he got into the elevator did Nan HuaiLin realize something was wrong.

How did Ruan Xin know that Fei Zheng would want to see him? What he knew about the secret, could Ruan Xin also know?

When he arrived at Shan Mingen’s office, Nan HuaiLin put away his thoughts, raised his hand and knocked on the door, and then pushed the door in when he got an answer.

He hadn’t been to the office for more than half a year after shooting two movies in a row, and he hadn’t seen Shan Mingen since.

Not surprisingly, Shan Mingen was surprised to see him, “I heard Xiao Zhu say you look better, but seeing it with my own eyes, I still can’t believe it! How did you change so much?”

Nan HuaiLin said, “I went to see the doctor specifically, and the doctor said it was a developmental delay.”

Shan Mingen tsked twice, “Your face is now good enough to kill a lot of popular young meat. When Land of Stars airs next year, you will definitely explode and become a top streamer.”

Nan HuaiLin said, “Sister Shan, I don’t want to be a streamer, I just want to be an actor.”

Shan Mingen smiled, picked up a bound book and handed it to him, “This film, it will make you a real actor.”