𝕮⃟Hapter 61

After a long flight of fourteen hours, the plane landed at Newark Airport at eleven in the morning, New York time. Nan HuaiLin didn’t sleep well on the plane, and now he was so sleepy that he could hardly open his eyes. He started nodding off right after he got into the cab, and woke up with a jolt when he was about to fall asleep, then hurriedly took out his cell phone. Just after he turned it on, a call came in from Fei Cheng.

Nan HuaiLin hurriedly answered, “I just landed and I’m taking a cab to the hotel.”

“Why does your voice sound like that?” Fei Cheng was worried, “Did you have a fever again?”

“No,” Nan HuaiLin closed his eyes, “I’m just sleepy.”

“The audition is tomorrow, right?” Fei Cheng asked.

“Mnh-mnh,” Nan HuaiLin replied, “tomorrow morning at ten.”

“Where is it?” Fei Cheng asked again.

Nan HuaiLin turned to Man TianZhu and asked, “Sister Zhu, are we going directly to their audition tomorrow?”

Man TianZhu nodded, “Yes.”

“Going to the agency.” Nan HuaiLin said into his phone, “Why are you asking so many detailed questions? You’re worried?”

“Especially uneasy.” Fei Cheng said.

“I’m not a three-year-old.” Nan HuaiLin laughed.

Fei Cheng wanted to talk to him for a while, but hearing the exhaustion in his voice, he couldn’t go on, but he still kept telling him, “Eat something before you go to sleep when you get to the hotel, okay?”

“Alright.” Nan HuaiLin said.

“Call me when you wake up.”

“Okay.”

After hanging up the phone, he heard Man TianZhu sighing next to him.

“What’s wrong?” Nan HuaiLin asked.

“Envy.” Man TianZhu answered.

Nan HuaiLin smiled and said, “I’m envious of myself too.”

Man TianZhu, “…”

When they arrived at the Hilton Hotel, they checked in and went to dinner first. Nan HuaiLin took a hot shower, wrapped up in a bathrobe and plopped down on the bed, almost falling asleep in seconds.

He slept through the night.

The curtains were tightly drawn, and there was no light in the room.

Nan HuaiLin fumbled to turn on the bedside lamp, and then fumbled to find the phone. When his eyes adjusted to the screen brightness after a long time, he clicked on WeChat, and there were already several of Fei Cheng’s messages waiting.

Mr. Rabbit: [Are you awake baby? Seven hours have passed…]

Mr. Rabbit: [Thinking about you, and I can’t sleep, I had insomnia all night.]

Mr. Rabbit: [Dragon Two stopped drinking milk powder and kept crying, easily making five hundred million today.]

Nan HuaiLin smiled and moved his fingers to reply: [Just woke up. I’m so hungry, ready to go out for the food. Are you familiar with New York? Do you have any recommendations for good places to eat?]

Mr. Rabbit: [Peter Luger steak house, their steak is very good.]

Mr. Rabbit: [Five Guys Burgers, if you want to eat burgers, go here.]

Mr. Rabbit: [Applebee’s, American home style food.]

Nan HuaiLin replied: [Are you going to introduce all the restaurants in New York? I’ll be back tomorrow, okay.]