𝕮⃟Hapter 73

»𝐶⃪73«
: MY DRAGON

• • •
The flight from Beijing to Guangzhou took about three and a half hours, and it was just twelve o’clock when they got off the plane. After being blocked by fans for more than half an hour, Nan HuaiLin had a hard time getting into the car that was driving to the hotel. He took out his cell phone and turned it on, ready to call Fei Cheng. It was Fei Cheng’s family rule that he had to call as soon as possible after landing to report his safety.

He just turned on the phone, when Fei Cheng called first.

Nan HuaiLin answered, “I just got stuck with the fans, so I’m late.”

“Wife,” Fei Cheng’s voice didn’t sound right, “I want to tell you something, but you mustn’t panic.”

Nan HuaiLin immediately got nervous when he heard this, because Fei Cheng had never spoken to him in such a serious tone before, and he asked, “What… what is it?”

Fei Cheng was silent for a moment and said, “Dragon Two is nowhere to be found.”

“What?!” His voice suddenly rose, startling Man TianZhu next to him.

“Don’t worry,” Fei Cheng hurriedly said, “I’ve searched all over the house and outside the house with Little Lan, I now suspect that it got into your suitcase when you weren’t looking. You should open the suitcase immediately to check if it’s there, and be careful not to be seen.”

“Stop!” Nan HuaiLin immediately shouted.

“What’s wrong with this?” Man TianZhu asked worriedly, “What’s wrong?”

Nan HuaiLin didn’t answer, clutching his phone.

The driver hurriedly pulled over and Nan HuaiLin said in a deep voice, “You all stay in the car and don’t come out.” After that, he pushed the door and got out of the car, took two steps around to the trunk, patted the back cover and signaled the driver to unlock it.

Opening the trunk, he took the suitcase out carefully and put it flat on the ground, looked around. Because it was near the airport, there were no pedestrians except for the cars coming and going. Nan HuaiLin then opened the suitcase, not waiting for him to look for it, a small head arched out from under the baseball cap, blinked at the shocked Nan HuaiLin, “Kiki” it chirped twice.

“Nan, what’s wrong?” Man TianZhu asked worriedly in the car.

“Nothing, don’t come out!” Nan HuaiLin answered, swallowing the heart hanging in his throat, then remembered that he was still on the phone with Fei Cheng, and put the phone to his ear, lowering his voice and saying, “I found him. He was really hidden in my luggage, I was scared to death.”

Dragon Two seemed to be very happy and came out of his baseball cap, shaking his wings and wagging his tail, Nan HuaiLin was afraid that he would fly out, so he rushed to cover him with his clothes.

Fei Cheng also breathed a sigh of relief over there, “That’s good, that’s good, I was going fucking crazy.”

Nan HuaiLin re-covered Dragon Two, “Honey, why don’t you come to Guangzhou? I have to attend the screening tonight, and I don’t feel comfortable leaving Dragon Two at the hotel, let alone having someone watch him.”

“Okay,” Fei Cheng said, “I’ll book a flight now.”

After hanging up the phone, Nan HuaiLin tucked Dragon Two back under his baseball cap, then covered the suitcase, went to the back seat and brought the duffel bag over, went back to the suitcase, and quickly transferred Dragon Two into the duffel bag with the baseball cap around him, whispering to him, “Don’t make a sound, okay?”