𝗘xtra 2

»𝐶⃪79«
: Extra 2 : THREE PEOPLE┃TO LOVE LIKE THEY'VE NEVER BEEN HURT BEFORE

»S01 Ruan Xin«

• • •
Ruan Xin was a senior student of the directing department of Beijing Film Academy. In his sophomore year, he won the directing award of a film festival in China with a short film, and after graduating in his senior year, he refused the olive branches from major film companies and joined Ming Xi Media unexpectedly. He became an assistant to the president.

This incident had been one of the top ten unsolved mysteries in Ruan Xin’s circle of friends, who suspected that he had either been kicked in the head by a donkey or had been soul-searching, and whenever his friends asked him why he had made such an unbelievable choice, Ruan Xin never answered positively.

“Because I’m in love with a man, I have to do everything possible to get close to him, to attract him, to make him fall in love with me.” —Ruan Xin couldn’t say such words, it was too humiliating.

The man’s name, Fei Zheng.

There was nothing special about his encounter with Fei Zheng.

Fei Zheng was walking his dog in the park and lost it, which was picked up by Ruan Xin, who was running at night.

It was an ordinary summer night, the street light in the park enveloped them, and when they looked at each other, Ruan Xin clearly saw the shock in the other’s eyes.

Ruan Xin thought: Why is this person staring at me so intently?

Then Ruan Xin also stared back as if he wasn’t willing to give up, and thought: This man is really handsome, the kind of handsome that hits you in the heart… But I think I’ve seen this look before, it looks familiar… Why are his eyes so… filled with heartache?

Ruan Xin’s heart inexplicably tingled.

He subconsciously raised his hand to cover his heart, and the man across from him finally spoke his first words, “Are you… Are you okay?”

The tone of his voice was cold, but his voice sounded good, as if he had heard it before…  Ruan Xin thought he must be crazy.

Ruan Xin shook his head, “I’m fine.”

The man then stopped talking and continued to look at him steadily.

Ruan Xin was uncomfortable by his gaze, “Sir, it’s not polite to stare at someone like that.”

The man said, “My name is Fei Zheng.”

And that was how he got his name.

Ruan Xin froze for two seconds then said, “Oh.”

Fei Zheng stared at him, “What’s your name?”

A stranger he just met less than two minutes ago asked his name, knowing that he shouldn’t answer, but Ruan Xin opened his mouth, “Ruan Xin.”

Ruan Xin clearly saw the obvious disappointment in the eyes of the strange man named Fei Zheng when he heard his name, as well as many feelings that he couldn’t distinguish.

The stinging feeling came back abruptly.

Ruan Xin covered his heart, not knowing why he was like this.

Fei Zheng dropped a cold “thank you” and turned to leave.

Ruan Xin looked at the fading back, his heart continued the stabbing pain, and he finally couldn’t support himself, he bent down and squatted to the ground.

It was such a short encounter that changed Ruan Xin’s life completely.

After that day, he could no longer erase this man named Fei Zheng from his mind, as if he was possessed.