Part 1

Thank you so much for starting my new story, Back To You! This has been a joy to write so far, and I'll be publishing a few chapters at a time.

Like all of my stories, this one will contain mature themes such as sexually explicit scenes and sensitive topics such as illness, mental health, drug use, and others mature themes. I will put TW's before sensitive chapters.

Let's get into it! Thank you so much for choosing to read this story!

The first day at a new job always kind of sucks.

It's always awkward. You feel like you're in the way.

And you just want to get into the swing of things.

That's exactly how I was feeling on Monday, May 8th- the day that I started my new job.

This was going to be my second job out of college. I had worked at my previous company for two years, and it was time to move on.

Whether I had wanted to or not.

And now I got this new job as an account manager, that was two days in the office, three days at home after a month of training every day in the office.

Thankfully the office was only 15 minutes away from my apartment, but the whole car ride there my hands were shaky, and I felt like there was a pit in my stomach.

The feeling didn't go away once I finally parked. It wasn't too big of an office, unlike my last one- and it was in a white building with some glass windows. I walked up to the front, and was greeted by the same woman that welcomed me at the two interviews I had.

She was an older woman with glasses and light blonde hair, and today she wore a pink blouse.

Her eyes lip up when she saw me.

"You got the job!" she said, "When I got the email that someone new was starting today, I thought it would be you."

"I'm glad to be here." I said, walking up to the desk.

"Jenny, right?" the woman asked me.

"That's me." I said.

"Well, Jenny. It's nice to officially meet you. My name is Sandra, I'm the receptionist here. Let me send your manager, Hailey, a message that you're here and she will come get you right away."

"It's nice to meet you, Sandra." I said, "Thank you."

A moment later she said, "Hailey will be right up. Jenny, do you live far from here?"

"Only about 15 minutes." I said, "It's not too bad at all."

"My commute is about 15 minutes longer than that." Sandra said, and she gave me a smile, "You're lucky to be so close."

Before I could say anything, Hailey Matteson, who I had interviewed with both times, came out to greet me. Hailey looked to be in her early to mid-thirties, and she had long, shiny auburn hair and tanned skin. She was short and curvy, and I could tell from our conversations that she was a firm but fair boss. I felt like I could learn a lot from her. Her official title was "Account Management Lead". I also had my second interview with her boss, whose name was David.

Hailey smiled at me when she saw me, "Jenny, glad you're here! You can follow me to my office."

I followed Hailey from the front down past corridors and offices to where the account management team was. Hailey had her own office, and the 8 account managers worked in one room with cubicles. The room, however, was very spacious, along with the cubicles. It was almost like having your own office.