Part 19

Riley lived in a second floor apartment, and when I walked up the steps, she was already at the door.

She immediately pulled me into a hug when I walked into her apartment.

As I hugged Riley, I couldn't help but to feel extremely safe in her arms.

I don't know if I've ever felt that way before.

"Are you okay?" she asked me as we pulled away.

"I don't even know." I said, "My mind is just kind of racing right now."

"Do you want to go into my bedroom?" she asked me, "Sorry, my apartment is a bit messy...I made sure my bedroom is in tip top shape."

I looked around Riley's apartment for a moment. It was quite spacious, with a living room, dining area, and kitchen. It was a bit cluttered, but I had seen way worse when it came to houses that weren't clean.

"Riley, your apartment is perfectly fine." I said, "But sure...we can go into your bedroom."

The thought of going into Riley's bedroom made my heart skip a beat for a moment.

Will anything happen?

"Can I get you anything?" Riley asked me, "A drink? Are you hungry?"

"Such a good host you are." I said to Riley, who smiled at me, "I am okay, though. Thank you."

"Alright, my bedroom it is then." Riley said- and she led me down a hallway with four doors, "My room is the last one down the hall there. This place has three bedrooms and one and a half bathrooms...it's expensive, but worth it."

Riley was right about her bedroom- it was in tip top shape.

"My room at my apartment looks way messier than yours." I chuckled, "I have clothes everywhere. I don't even see a sock on the ground here."

"You should see my dresser drawers." Riley said, "I stuffed everything in there. It's not a pretty sight."

I laughed and said, "I hope you didn't clean just for me. I don't care."

"Well, yes. I did clean my room for you. I didn't want you thinking that I was a slob. Even though I totally can be." Riley said, "Let's sit down on my bed. You can tell me what's going on."

I sat down on Riley's bed, which had gray sheets and some blue pillows on it. Her room was quite simple, with nothing on the walls and only a desk in the corner of the room, and a dresser across from her bed.

I turned to Riley and said, "I think McKenzie just got in my head a bit. First off, it's just fucking weird being around her. She makes everything really awkward. I understand that I rejected her advances, and that can be really upsetting for someone- but at the same time it was about three years ago. And then she just got in my head, making me feel like there would be problems with us because my family doesn't know about my sexuality."

"I'm sorry she still makes it so awkward." Riley said, "I agree with you. If it's been three years, it's time for her to be able to move on and just act normally around you. And when it comes to your family...well, it doesn't bother me right now. Of course if- hypothetically speaking- what we have lasts a long time, then of course your family will need to know. For your own sake. Right now, though? It doesn't bother me. And I would never force you to come out."

I looked at Riley, right into her pretty brown eyes, and said, "Thank you. That definitely eases my mind."

"And you being here eases mine as well." Riley said.

"Were you worried about something?" I asked Riley.

"I feel a bit stupid about it, but I was honestly a bit worried when you told me that you were seeing McKenzie tonight, considering your history. I trust you, but I wasn't sure if I trusted her. And I know sharing is caring, but when it comes to me liking someone...well, I don't like to share." Riley said, looking right at me.