Part 9

When Friday came around, I was nervous.

The last time I had any kind of romantic interaction, it didn't end well.

And the thought of going out with Jackson was just making me uneasy.

But I was still going to do it.

During my lunch on Friday, I was sitting with Marie, and I told her I was going out to dinner with Jackson.

"How exciting!" she said, her dark eyes wide, "Where are you going?"

"A Mexican place called Cantina de Marina." I said.

"Nathan and I just went there last Friday!" Marie said, "It was delicious. Some of the best tacos I've ever had."

It was toward the end of my lunch hour that I told Marie this, and at that moment, Riley came walking into the room.

"Best tacos you've ever had? You've got to let me know where." she said, walking past our table and to the vending machine.

"Cantina de Marina." Marie said, "Jenny is going on a date there tonight! Nathan and I went there last weekend."

Riley turned and looked at us, "A date? Are you going with Tim's friend?"

Riley's eyes were on me as she spoke.

"I am." I said, the uneasy feeling coming back.

"Nice!" Riley said, and she smiled at me, "I hope you have fun."

"Yeah, me too. Thanks, Riley." I said.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll have a great time." Marie said to me, "I remember what he looked like. He's very handsome."

At that, Riley said, "See you both back in the office."

"See you there." I said to Riley, as she walked off.

Marie watched as Riley walked away and said, "Riley is so sweet. She deserves a girlfriend. I tried once to set her up with my friend, Rachel, but she said she wasn't interested in dating."

Interesting.

"I'm sure she will find someone one day." I said to Marie.

"I'm sure she will. Lucky lady, whoever that is." Marie said.

Agreed.

I was training with Keely that day, but she had a meeting to go to for the last hour of the day, so I was going to be with Riley.

Accounts were starting to be integrated from the last person who had my job to me, and I was starting to keep track of them, and Riley was helping me compile the list of the accounts I had so far, as well as the main contacts for each account.

Riley was sitting next to me in my cubicle.

I still hadn't added much of anything into my cubicle, like photos and little knick-knacks. I only had replaced the black mouse pad with a pink one, and had some pink sticky notes as well. Meanwhile, whenever I was at Riley's cubicle, I would always steal glances at the photo of her in her soccer uniform.

She looked really attractive.

"I don't understand why someone would schedule a meeting with Keely at 4 PM on a Friday." Riley said, leaning back in her chair, "Real smart idea. Oh well. At least it gives me an excuse to talk to you for an hour."

She grinned at me and I said back, "I'm not mad that Keely has a meeting for an hour and I get to train with you. But don't tell anyone I said that."

Riley laughed, "My lips are sealed. Hey, you need to jazz up your little office space a bit. Pictures, little things to make it your own. Love the pink mouse pad and sticky notes, but we've got to get more for you in here. If you want, of course!"