Part 18

I kept trying to not think about the fact that Kristen, of all people in my family, knew my secret.

She at least knew that I had something with my old roommate, McKenzie.

McKenzie Delray and I had a very...interesting relationship throughout college. We became best friends fast, which I felt lucky that as roommates, we got along very well.

Maybe a little too well.

McKenzie had long, shiny chocolate brown hair and big blue eyes. She was around my height, 5'3, and had an hourglass figure that my eyes were immediately drawn to. She always wore glasses, and she had a great sense of style. She always wore feminine, cute clothing.

When we would drink, there was always something between us. We would immediately just start flirting with each other- getting touchy, and dancing with each other at parties. It was like we would just gravitate toward getting very affectionate with each other.

One night, we were at a party and a game of truth or dare started- and McKenzie was dared to kiss someone in the room.

And she chose me.

Of all the people in the room, she kissed me.

Something changed that night- and we took things to the next level.

I remember us going back to our room- and the whole walk back she had her arm around me.

And when we were back in our room, I was sitting on McKenzie's bed, and she kissed me. That quickly turned more sexual- and before I knew it, she practically pleaded with me to sixty nine with her. And I didn't turn it down.

I was happy to oblige.

I was worried that it would make our friendship awkward, but it didn't at all. And it didn't happen again for a couple of months.

That's how it went for all of college. McKenzie and I stayed close friends and roommates. We dated other people. I dated mostly girls and she dated mostly guys- but when we weren't with someone, and when we were horny or drunk- we found ourselves in each other's beds.

Things got a little weird right before graduation- when McKenzie drunkenly told me that she had feelings for me.

I loved McKenzie- but as a friend only. I started to feel really bad about the fact that we had hooked up quite a lot, wondering if I had led her on in any kind of way. I never imagined myself dating her. And I didn't think she would ever imagine dating me as well. I thought we were just friends- with benefits, sometimes.

We never quite recovered after that. I haven't hung out with her alone since graduating college. I have hung out with her in a  group, and we can get along just fine, but it still hasn't quite been the same.

Which was a loss for me. As McKenzie was one of my best friends.

I am grateful that I met Stephanie through her, though. Stephanie talks to her more than I do, though. And that next Tuesday, during my first day working from home, Stephanie asked me if this coming weekend, I wanted to go out with her and a couple of her good friends from college, who I was friendly with.

"Sure." I said, "That sounds fun. Who will be there?"

"Let's see...Mariella Campanelli, Olivia White, Destiny Jones...and McKenzie." Stephanie looked at me when she said McKenzie's name. She then said, "I understand if you don't want to come."

"It's okay. I'll still come." I said, "McKenzie and I are fine with a group. I hate that things even have to be weird with us, especially since it's been, what, a couple of years since college ended?"