Part 26

A/N: I truly apologize that I haven't updated this story in quite a bit. Life and mental health got in the way, but I've missed writing about Riley and Jenny and am glad to be back doing so.  Thanks for sticking around <3 

For the rest of the week, I had lingering anger toward my mother regarding her comments about Riley and sexuality in general.

I was having a hard time shaking it. And I knew exactly why- I just wished my family wasn't conservative and would accept it.

There was also the fact of the matter that Kristen knew about my sexuality- and she could tell my family about it at any time.

Every single time I thought about her telling my family about it, it made my stomach drop.

Hopefully, it won't get to that.

As I worked from home that Friday, I got a text from Riley, asking if tonight worked for us to meet up with her friends from college, Megan and Yvonne.

I told her that would absolutely work, and she asked me if she could pick me up from my apartment at 8 PM.

I texted her back that of course she could, and I was looking forward to meeting her friends.

Looking forward to it, but also slightly freaking out about it.

Okay, more than slightly.

"I want to make a good impression on them," I said to Stephanie, who sat with me by my mirror as I was getting ready for the night. Riley and I were meeting Megan and Yvonne at a restaurant called PJ's, which is a popular bar and restaurant close to the city.

"Jenny, there's no way you'd make anything but a good impression on them," Stephanie said. She was behind me, helping me straighten the back of my hair.

"I take it seriously...meeting two of her good friends," I said, "I just want them to like me."

"That's because you care about Riley a lot," Stephanie said, running the flatiron gently through my hair, "And her introducing you to some of her friends means she feels the same about you."

"I hope so," I said, sighing, "This is my first actual, official relationship since I dated Tyler back in high school and the beginning of college. Of course, I had flings and dated people, but nothing official. I'm happy to be in a relationship again- because it's with Riley. I just want to make sure I am not fucking anything up."

"Jenny, deep breaths," Stephanie said, "You feel comfortable with Riley, correct?"

"Very much so."

"That's all that matters. She's going to make you feel comfortable."

"You're right," I said to Stephanie, "Thank you for reassuring me."

I was feeling a little bit better after my conversation with Stephanie, and wasn't panicking as much when Riley came to pick me up.

"You look amazing," she said to me as I got in her car, "I mean, you always do. That includes right now."

I laughed and said, "Thank you. So do you, Riley."

Riley gave me a smile, and then leaned over and kissed my cheek gently.

"I'm happy to see you," she said, "Megan and Yvonne are looking forward to meeting you."

"I'm looking forward to meeting them," I said, "A little bit nervous, I won't lie."

"I promise, you have nothing to be nervous about," Riley said, "They're both very nice and down-to-earth. Why I got along with them so well. You will, too. Yvonne will likely do most of the talking between her a Megan. Megan is more of an introvert, but she is great."