Part 3

Back in high school, Riley and I were part of completely different friend groups- but she caught my eye.

I was on the quieter side, but had a nice group of girlfriends that I would spend a lot of time with. I was in mostly honors classes as well.

Riley, on the other hand, was part of the soccer and women's basketball teams at school. People knew who she was. She was outgoing, funny, and had many friends from what I knew.

In each of my years in high school, she was in at least one of my classes. Most of them being electives. We didn't even speak very much, only when we had to in class.

But she still caught my eye. Something about her always did. And that was before I even fully accepted my sexuality. But I found her attractive.

She was openly a lesbian, which I also admired in a way as well. And knowing she also liked girls...that just confirmed the attraction.

She never knew that I was attracted to her, at least from what I could guess. She never knew that I like girls too. No one really does.

Especially now that I'm not focusing on that attraction that I have.

I got some of it out of my system in college. And now I am focusing on my career. And one day I would likely end up with a man.

At least, that's what I was telling myself.

My second day of work, while still good, was less exciting than the first. And I knew it was because I didn't have Riley training me.

Keely Lightstone, while very nice, was straight to business. Training with her felt slower. Her blonde ponytail bobbed up and down as she spoke and clicked around on my computer.

I ate lunch with Danielle and Demarcus again, as they both worked from home on Thursdays and Fridays. Tim, who I hadn't met the day before, also ate with us.

Tim caught my eye a bit. He was tall, muscular, and had light brown hair and green eyes. He was very friendly as well.

But even while speaking to him at lunch too, I found myself wanting to be speaking with Riley.

I kind of wish she worked in the office every day. At least I'll see her tomorrow.

I also met Marie and Lauren. And when I met Lauren Kiliian, I could see why Danielle said that everyone "basically" got along.

Lauren seemed very stand-offish. She had light blonde hair, very tan skin, and a lot of makeup on. She seemed to speak with Tim, but that was it. She hardly said hello to me when I introduced myself.

Tim had gotten up to take a phone call, and that's when Danielle and Demarcus spilled some gossip.

"We don't like Lauren." Danielle said to me at lunch, "Just to be real with you."

"I wanted to say something yesterday, but I didn't want to come off bad or try to sway your opinion." Demarcus said.

"She once made a comment on how I should 'dress better suited for my body'- and since then, I've hated her." Danielle said, taking a bite of her salad.

"Sounds like my mom." I said, rolling my eyes, "She hardly said hello to me, so I don't like her either."

"That's why I hated it too." Danielle said, "Sounds like my mother. I'm sorry you've dealt with the same."

Danielle and I shared an understanding look.

Demarcus said, "My mom is the complete opposite. And she can cook. And she makes sure as hell that you're eating."