Part 13

Riley and I kissed.

I kissed Riley.

She kissed me.

WE FUCKING KISSED.

After the kiss that Saturday night, we went back into the bar.

"I could certainly continue this." Riley said, "But maybe we should...figure things out more first?"

"That's a good idea." I said, my heart hammering.

"Don't think I don't want to keep on kissing you." Riley said, "Because I'd take you back to my place and continue this in a second. But...it's not the right time. Do you agree? I hope you agree, I don't want you to think I'm not-"

"Riley." I said, "I agree."

My heart was thumping and my hands were shaky as well.

Riley looked at me, "Are you okay, Jenny?"

"I'm okay." I said, "I mean, I'm more than okay. I've been wanting this to happen."

"So have I." Riley said, and she looked at me with her pretty brown eyes, "You know, I knew who you were in high school, of course. I thought you were pretty, but I didn't think much of it because I figured there was no way you'd like girls. However, on your first day of work, I just could not stop thinking about how fucking pretty you are. And then I've started to get to know you and realize as well how great of a person you are. And I swore I would see you glance at me, but I just told myself I was imagining it. But when you confirmed with me that you liked girls as well...I just knew I wanted something to happen."

Hearing Riley say all of this to me was almost like a fever dream. Because my feelings for her were just growing and growing and to have them be mutual was something that I could not even fathom was true.

"Riley...you're going to make me want to kiss you again." I said to her, and she laughed. I then said, "All of the feelings that you have for me, I promise I feel as well. And you were right. I was glancing at you a lot. I guess I'm not very good at hiding if I find someone attractive."

Riley lightly touched my arm and said, "We can try to figure this out, okay?"

I nodded, "I'd like that."

We went back into the bar, and we tried to act as casual as possible, however there was so much tension in the air, it was driving me crazy.

I just wanted to kiss her again.

And now I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that we had kissed. And what I was going to do about it.

This coming week was my last full one in the office. And that almost made me upset that I wouldn't be seeing Riley as much anymore, or my other co-workers.

I was quite apprehensive to go to work on Monday.

How am I going to act around Riley?

When I walked into the office, I was immediately stopped by Hailey.

"Jenny, hey!" she said, "Can we talk in my office? It's nothing bad, I promise. I just want to go over some things for this week and as you move into a hybrid schedule for your role next week."

"Of course." I said, glancing around to see if Riley was there yet.

I sat with Hailey in her office- and she said to me first, "Riley gave you a great score for the demo you did. But I wanted to apologize to you, Jenny. I put some unnecessary pressure on you. Riley made sure to tell me that. And she was right."

So, Riley stood up for me.

I should have known she would.

"It's okay." I said to Hailey, "Don't worry about it. I feel more confident about demos now."