Part 25

That next Tuesday, when I was working from home, Riley called me. She was also working from home.

"Hey, how's your day going?" she asked me, "I feel like pulling my fucking hair out. Some of these accounts really drive me crazy."

"So do I." I said, "One of my accounts is driving me absolutely crazy today, they won't stop emailing me."

"Which account?" Riley asked me.

"Moss Healthcare." I said.

"That was Keely's account. I'll bet she pushed them onto you when you started because she didn't want to deal with them. I don't blame her, but pushing it on someone new isn't really right. Do you want me to assign them to myself? I can do that."

"You don't have to do that." I said to Riley, "Really, I don't want to put that on you."

"Fine. Just let me know if you change your mind." Riley said.

"I could use your help drafting an email back to them, though." I said, "I don't quite know what to say back."

"Hey, I have an idea. And you can totally say no to it. What if I came over and helped you draft your email? We both work from home today." Riley suggested.

"Why would I say 'no' to seeing you?" I said to Riley, "Come over."

"I'll be there soon, with my work laptop." Riley said, "I'm glad you're down with that."

One of the best parts of working from home for three days is that I got to spend time with Sunshine. She would sit on my bed as I did work- at times she would jump on my desk as well.

"You're going to get to see Riley again." I said to Sunshine, "You were so sweet to her the last time she was here."

Riley texted me when she pulled up about a half hour later, and right after I opened the door for her, she pulled me in for a kiss.

"Hey, you." she said affectionately, "I'm really glad we're doing this."

"Me too." I said, smiling at Riley, "Let's go to my room and I can show you the email that I have not a clue how to respond to."

"Gladly." Riley said with an eye roll and a smile back to me.

When we got into my bedroom, Riley immediately went over to Sunshine and pet her. Sunshine affectionately rubbed against her arm.

"I'm actually just here to see her." Riley said, jokingly.

"I wouldn't blame you." I chuckled.

I then showed Riley the email I wasn't sure how to respond to.

"That motherfucker." Riley said, shaking her head, "He doesn't have to be such a dick. I'll type up something for you."

I stood next to Riley as she sat at my computer, typing up an email. When she was finished, I leaned over and re-read it as a whole.

"How do you do it?" I asked, "This is the perfect mix of shutting him down yet somehow being polite at the same time."

"I'm pretty good at politely telling people to 'fuck off'." Riley said, "I'm here to help you anytime. As you keep on getting used to the job, you'll be able to come up with more emails to send."

I leaned down and gave Riley a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you." I said, "It is much appreciated."

A few minutes later, Riley was sitting on my bed, working off her laptop. She was typing a lot- and then she took a break for a few seconds, and I saw her looking at her phone.