Part 11

Not all of my co-workers could make it to the bar that night- but Riley, Demarcus, Danielle, Marie, and Tim were able to.

All the ones I like.

We went to the same bar from the last happy hour- McGurk's, and got a round table again. We ordered our drinks- and this time a couple of appetizers for the table.

Riley held up her beer and said, "To Jenny- for crushing her demo today, even with Hailey putting pressure on her- and her being only four weeks in. You did amazingly."

Riley smiled at me, and my other co-workers cheered.

"Thank you." I said, "I really appreciate it. I'm glad to have gotten it over with."

"Hailey was wrong to give you a demo so soon." Danielle shook her head, "Not that you couldn't handle it, because obviously you can- I just think it adds too much pressure."

"I agree." Demarcus nodded.

"I agree with you as well." I said to Danielle.

"Well, at least it's the motherfuckin' weekend, and we don't have to worry about work." Danielle raised her cocktail.

"Amen to that." Tim said.

"So, Jenny." Danielle started, "Are you seeing Jackson again anytime soon?"

All eyes were on me- including Riley's.

"Sometime next week." I said, "We're planning it."

"Good!" Danielle said, "You'll have to tell me about it."

Riley took a sip of her beer as Danielle said that.

"How about anyone else? Anyone going on a date this weekend?" Marie asked.

"Not me." Tim said.

"What about you and Nathan?" Danielle asked, "Are you two doing anything?"

"We're going to try a new bubble tea place in Philly." Marie said excitedly, "I'm looking forward to it."

"You two are so cute." Danielle said, "I don't have a date this weekend. If any cute man wanted to ask me though, I wouldn't say no."

I swore I saw her glance at Demarcus.

"No dates." Demarcus said, "I'm going to my moms house tomorrow night, though. Her cooking is enough for me."

Danielle then asked Riley, "What about that girl you're talking to, are you still possibly seeing her this weekend?"

Oh?

I looked at Riley- who glanced my way and then said, "I think I might go to her house tonight. But I don't know."

"What's her name again?" Danielle asked.

"Julianna." Riley said.

"Well, if you just so happen to go to her house, let me know." Danielle said.

"I will." Riley said quickly, and then took another sip of her beer.

Knowing that Riley was possibly going to be at a girls house tonight dampened my mood a bit, though it shouldn't have. And I tried to not show it.

"Oooh, how did you meet?" Marie asked Riley.

I noticed that Riley looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Tinder." Riley said, "Look, I'll probably just go to her apartment and fuck her or something. Nothing crazy."

Oh??

I had to conceal my facial expression. Partially because- well, I knew I was jealous- and partially because I had never heard Riley talk like that before.