ii. save my soul

chapter two
SAVE MY SOUL

tw: sexual assault, sexism, & selling teen girls

1856 , MYSTIC FALLS

The trees shivered under the winds touch, rustling at the breeze that passed threw under a blanket of twinkling stars decorating the inky night sky. It was a cold December night, the workers were gathered around a fire to keep warm out in the barn; Clara was laid with her brothers to keep warm in the huge house; Giuseppe's snores echoed threw the house from another day of drinking, and usually, next to him would be a soundly sleeping Lily, but she's absent.

The children knew their mother was very sick, she looked deathly -- but they didn't expect her to abandon them. Stefan and Damon weren't supposed to know what really happened; they knew of her illness, but they didn't know that Giuseppe sent her away. For multiple reasons, to get her better and to marry off Clara three days before her sixteenth birthday. He only hoped that she wouldn't return, it'll result in Clara being kidnapped from her husband and Lily going absolutely crazy; which she is notoriously known for throughout the small village. 

The oldest Salvatore sibling knew of the horrible act that their father had done, but she didn't mention it to her younger brothers and let her father get away with lying to them and committing another sin. 

Clara knew of what this entailed, when Lily was carted away in the middle of the night to go to a special hospital, she could only hope that her father would always be too drunk to get her an actual husband. She didn't know what would truly happen, what he would do, which was so much worse then what all the other girls received. 

She'd heard stories of her friends from Sunday school, where they studied the acts of God under the priest. Their parents took them to a ball, hosted in their homes, and they'd get to pick their husbands. Martha picked the sweetest man, he was a darling boy and treated her with kindness and respect. She was fourteen when they had their first child, Jacob, who is currently two years old and thriving with his pregnant mother and happy father. They're notoriously known for being the happiest couple in the village; Clara wished that for herself, but she knew her father wouldn't do anything of the sorts.