xxxiii. what was i made for?

chapter thirty-three
WHAT WAS I MADE FOR?

tw: pain, hurt, self-hatred, violence & heartbreak

2014 , WASHINGTON D.C.

Clara's leg nervously bounced as the car glided across the interchange, passing over the street below and onto the highway. She was sat between Natasha and Sitwell, the feeling of her handgun in the waistband of her trousers was tempting; she wanted to put a bullet between his brows and shut his rambling up but he was their way in and would save millions of people their lives. 

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." 

"Shut it, suka." Clara snapped, glaring at him threw her dark and vicious eyes. Sitwell almost shrank down at her glare, not expecting her to be so violent with her words or her glares; but he was used to her being submissive and obedient in HYDRA, so this was a change. Bitch.

Sam glanced at the bald man in the rear view mirror, "Yeah, why don't you try sticking a cork in it?"

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours." The chaos in the car was overwhelming for Parker, the stress and tension, Clara winced when Nat stuck her head around to look at Steve, "We're cutting it a little bit close here."

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access to the helicarriers directly." Steve explained, looking behind them in his sideview mirror and then back at Sitwell in the rearview mirror. 

"What?" The bald man shot forward in disbelief, "Are you crazy?" Clara tilted her head to the side in thought, probably. "That is a terrible, terrible idea." The hairs on the back of the brunette's neck stood up when there was a loud thud on the top of the roof, her gaze turned up as if she could actually see threw roofs. It distracted her momentarily when a metal hand shot threw the window and her chest tightened as she recognised the hand. It grabbed tightly onto Sitwell and chucked him from the window, into the opposite highway, as if he was nothing. Clara heard the scream and the crash, turning to look in shock at the gaping hole in the window. 

Bestfriends share same horrified expression, shielding their faces from the spray of glass when the metal hand reaches back in and grabs ahold of Parker's ankle and goes to yank her from the car. Clara lets out a scream, using her foot to slam into the metal hand but it's bloody useless from the strength of the metal and the fact it has no pain receptors.