xlvii. forever winter

chapter forty - seven
FOREVER WINTER

tw: fear, anxiety, depression
violence & lots of pain

2016 , BERLIN 

Clara was beginning to think she might've actually done what the public is saying she's done. 

Her cage steady opposite Bucky's in the massive armoured truck as they travel into a public area. Sirens wail in the distance, the truck picks up speed and her restraints only seem to get tighter around her. Two over both of her arms, one whole one over her chest and around her biceps and four all together on her legs. Bucky has the exact same restrains but she seems more engulfed by them since she's much smaller then him. His eyes are tilted upwards to the bright lights cast down on him. 

Clara felt like she was on display once again, bright, artificial lights illuminating her every feature like a prized pig. It felt disgusting, she just wanted to cover herself but she'd been stripped down to her compression t-shirt that reveals her small baby bump and her jeans. She gently moved her fingers against their rests, the only movement out of anxiety she could do. The two assassins stare emotionlessly in different directions, armed soldiers all around them ready to act even if they make the slightest of movement. Bucky turned his eyes to Clara as she leant her head back against the rest and shut her eyes; attempting to get some rest. 

He cast over her, she was different then the last time he saw her. Clara's hair was longer and more tamed then before, she had gained more weight and was just... different. Bucky wasn't sure what it was, but even now, in the entirely artificial lighting, she was glowing. Her skin was shimmery against the bright white lights on her. He tilted his head to the side a bit, he wanted to speak to her but kept his mouth sealed tightly shut; it wasn't worth the soldiers overhearing it and telling them to shut up. To cause unnecessary issues, it just wasn't worth it. 

Everything was over. Dark thoughts were swarming in Clara's mind. She would no longer be Clara Parker, she'd be known as a number on a jumpsuit in a high security prison. No more waking up beside Steve. Iron bars. No windows. Cold. Lumpy mattresses and scratchy blankets. Fear and anxiety all the time, pain. No comfort. No home. It was all over.