xiv. uncharted territory

chapter fifteen
UNCHARTED TERRIROTY

tw: sexual themes & self-consciousness

1943, ITALY 

"Peggy, where is Steve?" Clara asked as she ran across the muddy terrain towards the familiar woman, her uniform was wet and so was her hair but the woman didn't really care, "I heard that this is the one-o-seventh, I don't see Bucky anywhere. Did he find him?"

Peggy didn't want to tell her about Bucky, but she was obligated to, "I'm sorry, Clara. But he was captured with multiple other of the one-o-seventh, he's been kept in a HYDRA base in Azzano. Steve is going there now, if you hurry up, you can come with us as well." Clara felt anxiety form in her chest, making it difficult to breathe but she nodded firmly. There is no time to feel anxious, Bucky is in trouble and Steve is going to do something super heroic; she just knows it. Clara knows the two men better then anyone, she won't be aloud to go save them but she'll be able to go on the ride there and make sure Steve gets in undetected. 

Clara quickly slipped into her uniform and grabbed her duffel bag of things, carrying it out to the truck where they were about to set off for an airstrip about ten minutes down the road where Howard was waiting for them with an airplane he'd built. 

The witches eyes widened in shock, she was still baffled about the creation of cars; but flying, that was something on a whole other level. "Holy cow." Clara laughed as she climbed into the cockpit, beside Howard who smiled at her, "This is insane." She settled comfortably into the seat beside him, laughing as her eyes trailed the interior, "How the hell did someone create something that flies?"

"I'm amazing, that's why." Howard grinned, catching Clara's attention, "Hey there, it's been a while since we last saw each other." Her mind flickered back to the hotel room in Los Angeles, Stark had been there on business and wanted to see his creation dance in tights; they'd had a crazy night and Clara realised that Howard was actually a gentleman in bed and let her be in control. Los Angeles was about three months ago, "You been alright, love?"

Clara nods, "I'm alright, Howard." She's clearly lying but no one points it out, Howard strokes her jaw gently with his thumb when Steve climbs into the plane; his jaw instantly clenching in jealousy. The twenty-three year old clears her throat and sits back, glancing at the star spangled man who settles down on one of the benches, "Lets get going, we don't have much time."