xxxix. soon you'll get better

chapter thirty-nine
SOON YOU'LL GET BETTER

tw: sadness, mentions of sexual assault,
abuse, torture & really sad clara

2015 , THE AFRICAN COAST 

Sometimes Clara wonders if she'll ever actually get better, it's a hard life to live when you're trying to deal with trauma whilst also gaining more and more of it. She feels like it just keeps piling up and the more she heals from it, the more she gains. One step forward, three steps back. It's hell, not sure if she'll ever get better and out of a depressive episode because they continue to keep coming out of nowhere. Perhaps this one was brought on with a dark, dark memory that she thought she'd forgotten for good, or maybe it was the bitch Wanda Maximoff that put her in this place. 

Being suited up again is exhausting, Clara finds her suit uncomfortable a lot of the time. The inside of the material is scratchy, she's just waiting for Stark to develop her a new suit and one that's not preferably to tight and scratchy; made for her discomfort so she got a task finished quicker. 

They'd flown all the way to the African Coast that's a lot faster then by normal plane, she enjoys having this quick of travel. The woman remembers when you had to take a steam boat everywhere, and Naomi remembers when they had to take wooden boats across the oceans to different countries and many died on their travels because of diseases passed threw the cabin. It was a difficult time for travel, and now as they shoot across the ocean, it's insane to both. Although, Naomi isn't on this mission, she's still watching Peter for Clara, from a distance, as a neighbour, but still. Clara wishes she could be here for her to indulge in the insanity of it taking three hours to get to the African Coast. 

The Avengers made their way into the only ship with English writing on the back, named 'Churchill' after the British prime minister in World War I and II, he got English triumphant threw both wars and gave them a legacy. Clara tightened the strap of her scabbard tighter around her as they silently walked threw the cargo ship. She strained her ears, hearing Ultron's mostly robotic voice echoing.

"But I always say, 'keep your friends rich and your enemies rich and wait to found out which is which.'" Ultron shook his head a little, the sound of metal moving making the woman wince at the high-pitched creek. He'd gotten a different and more sustainable body now, and now he had vibranium. It was scary.