xxii. bad blood

chapter twenty - two
BAD BLOOD

tw: fighting, trafficking & mental abuse

1997 , SIBERIA 

Stood in her white and black outfit, Clara stood across from a familiar face. He had been brought into train her in a specific type of fighting, one the Superior had requested she know whilst also knowing the Madame's dainty ways. Dark classed with light, both with the same darkness about each other. Soldier stood there, the glint of his metal arm in Clara's eyes as she stared at him across the courtyard. 

Thirteen girls stood around her, all in their smart uniforms. Madame B had requested that they fight in front of them, Clara wondered if this meant that she was supposed to kill him or he would kill her. She doubted that the Madame would request that, the Superior would create havoc on the Great Leader if his two greatest weapons killed each other in a fight. But it was a worry, since the new cycle of girls were watching them fight. The new cycle of girls meant that Clara would be graduating soon, her and Natalia needed to get their escape plan set into stone if they were to escape before graduation. The red head warned her brunette friend about the ceremony, the three stages and what the last one was. It starts with fighting against three Alumni's from earlier graduating classes from above, you win against them, you move onto the next stage. Target practise. You toss the gun between each hand, firing the bullet into the centre of the shadowy outline and in a blink of an eye, you're aiming your gun at someone who committed a sin and is sentenced to death. And then the Ceremony. Where you become a true Widow, the moment you step into the dark room at the end of the hall, you'll never emerge the same. 

Babies are a weakness. Madame B's girls are not weak. They do not get distracted, they do not feel for anyone and they certainly do not love enough to bare children. 

"Nachinat'." Dmitriy's mouth clipped, sharp and sweet. Begin.

Clara is at an instant disadvantage against Soldier, she is significantly smaller then the burly man stood opposite her. His large muscles and intimidating metal arm, it will take a lot from her to beat him. She's not often at a disadvantage during fighting sessions in the courtyard, where Clara was given a serum that enhanced her strength and abilities; she finds it much easier to beat them. Her new found strength, mixed with her fast reflexes that's she's always had, she's virtually unbeatable. But battling against another enhanced soldier, is bound to end in tears.