xx. getaway car

chapter twenty
GETAWAY CAR

tw: mentions of torture & abuse

1988 , SIBERIA 

"Are you awake?"

Weapon blinked slowly when she heard the rhythmic tapping against the portion of the wall in the corner of her cell. She slowly turned her head to look at the wall, the Soldier sits there at night, tapping away at the wall in hopes she'll reply. 

But she doesn't. 

Drumming her fingers against her stomach, Weapon turns her gaze back up to the tall and pale ceiling of her cell. It's a warmer evening, they took away her blanket and she's not feeling as cold tonight. Weapon guesses it's summer now, although there's only really winter in Siberia; since its always freezing cold in the middle of the barren wasteland. Weapon rolls her lips together, swallowing on her slightly dry throat. There's a strange taste on her tongue, she can't quite put a finger on it, perhaps it's the after taste of her food -- maybe it was mouldy. They did have a habit of giving her the scraps left over from the guards meals. 

Weapon let out a soft sigh as she sat up in her cot, dark eyes glancing back over at the corner of the wall as the Soldier tapped the same rhythm again. It was getting annoying. 

He woke her up every night with the annoying tapping, Weapon just wanted him to stop tapping. He eventually gave in after what felt like forever, but she could never return to her slumber. She envy's the man for that, and whenever they're sparring, she always throws extra tough punches at him. 

Her scarred fingers lift to the back of her neck where there was scars from puncture wounds. Weapon couldn't remember how she received the puncture wounds, but they're clean cuts because the scar is a smooth circle on her back. She gets up to her feet and walks over the grated floor to her desk where a pile of papers is laid in the corner, beside the wall. Weapon delicately places her fingers on the top slip of paper, of the strange man she's spent decades staring at before he goes to sleep; meeting his kind eyes never seems to fail to give her that warm feeling in her chest. 

Weapon takes a seat on the metal chair, drumming her fingers against the metal surface and twirling a strand of her short hair around her finger. It felt shorter then what she vaguely remembered, if Weapon remembers right, she had super long hair and then they cut it all off when Igor wiped her involuntarily and they had to restart with all of her training once again.