xxiii. begin again

chapter twenty - three
BEGIN AGAIN

tw: loss, pain, violence & more pain

1998 , SIBERIA

The world is starting to come to life again at the early morning flurries of Spring. The baby deers race across the once barren land as the gorgeous shimmers of the sun clear up the white snow, the air is warmer; much warmer. The girls don't find themselves waking up to one who had passed in the night from the sheer coldness in the dormitory. 

Clara laid straight in her designated cot beside the barred window, she could see the tips of the green trees, some starting to blossom with gorgeous pink flowers that she'd find herself staring at. She listened to the chirps of the birds that dared fly to far north to settle in the vibrant trees, the sky was a gorgeous gradient of red, orange and yellow as the sun rose in the horizon. Clara could see it rising, she felt the warm golden glow on her feet. Her wrist was handcuffed above her head as always, although she's much used to it now; after all it has been ten years since she was handed over to the Red Room Academy -- twelve for Natalia. 

As the ceremony inches closer, the girls decided that they'd leave. Clara wanted to leave a month ago, whilst the Soldier was still in the possession of the Red Room and they could all leave together; but Natalia was abruptly pulled into a ceremony and she had to wait for Natalia to heal up enough for them to move. 

Clara had been watching everything, she knows that the Madame would be leaving to collect new supplies to accommodate the new cycle of girls early this morning and she'd have a car waiting outside. If they could just get past the guards, and out the front door, they could nab the car and drive away. Clara knew the route out of her, she still remembered it from the way in; but the way from there was unknown, they were so far up north that there was no sign of life anywhere. 

With one arm laid over her stomach, Clara drums the familiar rhythm against her abdomen, eyes cast out the window watching the sun slowly fade into a gorgeous baby blue shade. She had no idea what time of day it was, nor the day, or the year but she knew it was spring and that told her it was around March, May, April or June, possibly the end of March as spring is still standing on it's weak legs from the strength of winter.