xxxviii. the archer

chapter thirty-eight
THE ARCHER

tw: sexual tension, violence,
sadness & anxiety 

2015 , MANHATTAN 

The Avengers had gathered into the lab now, beat up and confused, also mad. Tony has now created a death robot and they have to take care of it, how great! Clara sat on a table with a plate of food she'd stolen from the kitchen, after a fight she gets really hungry and no one, not even Tony, knows why. He has a running theory about her metabolism really speeding up whilst she fights, but because her version of the serum is different to Steve's version, he can't compare the bloods to make sure it is her metabolism or not. It's just strange, but she has no shame as she shoves the last of her chicken samosa in past her lips. Clara doesn't have very many table manners, even if she was born in the most posh time, she lost them all after HYDRA because whenever she could eat, she was more hungry then ever and would shove every little thing on the tray past her lips until her stomach hurt from eating so fast. 

The room was mostly solemn, in a way, more awkward then solemn. Bruce was searching for any signs left of Ultron in the system, "All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch." Clara lifted her gaze off her plate of food, staring around at everyone. 

"Ultron." Steve repeated in disbelief. 

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance." Natasha announced, turning around and folding her arms over her stomach. Clara and Nat were now out of their fancy clothing, she was in leggings and a vest with a zip up hoodie whilst Clara was in her pyjamas. She was wearing an old hoodie she stole from Steve whilst they were together and Christmas pyjama bottoms with fluffy socks and no one really cared, "Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

Rhodey stepped forward, his arm aching from his fall, "He's in your files, he's in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

"Nuclear codes." Maria released, as she picked glass shards out of her foot with tweezers. 

"Nuclear codes." Rhodey confirmed, nodding his head, "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Clara titled her head to the side, nibbling on the sausage on the end of her fork.