xliii. breathe

chapter forty - three
BREATHE

tw: adorable stara scenes ( them being fossils )

2015 , MANHATTAN 

Flawless. Moving in perfect time with the music, staring forward with a blank expression; twirled Clara Parker to the beat of the speaker. She didn't blink, she didn't even flinch, her eyes glued forward and set in permanent pirouette until the tone changed and she split into the next section of the dance. If had one had not seen the slight twitch of a muscle in her leg, one might've thought she was human. 

It was something that Clara could never give up, forever drilled into her system; to dance. She adored dance, even though it held so much trauma for her, she still continued to love it and especially now as she wasn't threatened with the pointed end of a stick to cut at her skin to adjust her posture. She could twitch, and she could stop when she pleased. Sometimes Nat joins her but Clara dances more often and prefers to dance on her own. Like a broken wing of a bird, she raises her arm above her head, chin tilting up towards it and the other extended out to her side. She spun on the tip of her toe, the strong sun casting threw the large window in the new base. Tony had brought them to it after they'd won the fight in Sokovia, it was a surprise and they were all living together now, with their own bedrooms and different areas. It was much nicer then the tower, originally created for Tony. 

Clara stood in the massive training room, with gym equipment lining the floor and a boxing range to practise sparring. She liked this room very much, and the floor was a great texture for her to dance on. Tony even installed a bar for her to warm up on. She fell down onto the flats of her feet as the music ended, and the sound of clapping echoed in her ears. The woman turned to see Steve clapping for her, with Tony and Thor behind him. 

"It's always the same dance." Thor narrowed his eyes a little, they've all seen her dance before but never watched her for all that long. 

The brunette chuckles lightly, "It's the only dance I know." Her ballet slippers tapped against the floor as she crossed the room to remove them and slide back on her trainers. "Are you heading back to Asgard?"