xv. death by a thousand cuts

chapter fifteen
DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS

tw: loss, death & pain

1944 , LONDON

Clara cleared her throat and pressed a hand on her tight chest as she watched Howard remove a tiny blue jewel from something that Steve had snatched from the HYDRA base in Krausberg when he liberated most of the one-o-seventh. "Emission signature is unusual. Alpha and beta ray neutral. Though I doubt Rogers picked up on that." The Parker woman turned her head away as she coughed into her fist, the feeling of the blue jewel's power making her feel violently sick. She applied some more pressure to her tight chest; in attempt to relieve the tightness, "Seems harmless enough. Hard to see what all the fuss is about."

"I can feel how strong it is." She whispered in his ear, glancing at Howard's intern. The man glanced at her, "That's a lot of power in there, although you may not be able to see it on the machines; I can feel it, Howard." Clara coughed again, feeling bile stir in her stomach. She had no clue what it was that was making her feel like this, if it was a sickness bug or the blue jewel. 

And then some electricity touched the jewel and it exploded, Clara was off her guard, and the trio stood beside the blue jewel were thrown back. She attempted to shield her face, but it was proven difficult as the glass shards sliced at her skin. Clara was thrown against a stone wall, she grunted at the impact and fell to the ground. Howard shook as he slowly sat up, "Write that down." And then he ran to the witches aid, she pulled herself up, eyes wide in shock, "Are you alright?"

"I'm not sure." She mumbled, looking down at her legs that felt weak. Howard took her hands into his, ordering her to squeeze them. She complied and did his little drills to make sure she was alright, Clara emerged from the lab with a couple bruises and cuts. She sighed, wiping a bead of sweat of her temple as she walked out into the main area of the base. 

Fixing her jacket, Clara brushed a hand threw her hair and sighed; she knew that the blue jewel was powerful, but she didn't expect an explosion. Clara walked along the racks of files, when she spotted Steve and a blonde woman kissing in among the racks of files. She raised her brows, her jaw ticked with jealousy but she decided to play a little game and flicked her finger. A file flew out at the blonde's head, knocking her to the ground. Clara clasped her hands together in front of her and smiled innocently when Peggy appeared at the Parker's side.