▪️ CHAPTER 2▪️

- A Shoulder To Cry On -

There they are. The very common ceiling, the very familiar curtains, the very common smell of vanilla in his room. The sun is just about to rise from the night's sleep.

Slowly adjusting to his environment while squinting his eyes to cope with the blurry vision, he raises his exhausted body from the soft bed.

It is a bit chilly. The blanket itself is reluctant to leave the lone warm body for the rest of the day. They will be able to meet again in the night. What a long separation!

The owner of the blanket yawn's and stretches his body to make it at ease. The first thing to greet him apart from the ceiling is the mirror.

Lack of sleep, the pressure of work, and a specific frustration have taken a toll on his handsome features. Although unchanged, his beauty is a bit trampled.

"I look like a mess. Guess, I need more concealer today." The tall man in his late twenty's mumbles while tracing his dark circles with his fingers.

Then follows his monotonous morning routine. The shower is his favorite of it. The warm water when introduced to the cells of his body, just makes him feel relaxed. At least this is a reason to want to work. He will get similar relaxation in the evening. What is the joy of final relaxation if you are not under pressure before?

After getting dressed and making his face presentable with the necessary concealer, he picks up the perfume, and another memory flashes in.

Flashback

"Is it vanilla?" A dominant alpha in his late teen's asks his mate who is applying his perfume.

"With fresh fruits." He replies while checking his attire for the final time.

"It smells revising. I think it goes well with your natural scent." The dominant alpha compliments the other while back hugging him in front of the mirror. While slowly kissing the other's neck he tries to engulf the scent and memorize it in his heart.

"I see " Tae replies nonchalantly.

"Just that? No appreciation for the compliment?" Jungkook asks in his fake half-shocked face. Tae smiles while buttoning up his blazer and turns around to give his mate a passionate goodbye kiss.

"Thank you." He whispers in the other's ear after their lips are apart and leaves the room merrily. Jungkook smiles while observing his mate leaving to work with his heart's content.

.....Flashback ends.....

He sighs after remembering the happy memories. Now, no one similarly compliments him. Neither is he showered with goodbye kisses. He no more hears the whine of "Tae! Please stay today! What is there in the office anyway? Your mate needs you..."

But he continues to use the same perfume for years. Guess it is a habit now. It feels wrong to give up on the habits that once made his mate happy. He had truly loved the other from the heart. He still does. He shakes his head to remove the depressing thoughts from his mind. "This is life. We shall move on." He mumbles before ascending to the door of his room.

After getting out the first object to be seen is the next door, always. The other members are still asleep as they usually are. While slowly closing the door to make the least sound possible so that the sleep of the pair is not disturbed, he passes by the living room. His zinnia is still there.

The members have not been able to see it. Not yet. Bcz he is the one to always set off first and return at the last. The zinnia shall be seen by the time the alpha-omega ( Jungkook & that Yeon omega) pair comes out of their shared room. Their shared room. It was once his.