✴️ CHAPTER 40 ✴️

Allowed to touch 💘💞

Colors of contrast, sliding against the blank canvas across him, a hand skillfully paints a story on the lifeless surface of the object, giving it light, giving it life, a new image is born, successfully and beautifully. kook admires the talent ripening in front of him, his person of love presenting a whole story in a single firm of art, a whole life being portrayed miraculously, dancing in front of his eyes, maturing with grace, advancing with pride.

Lost in the colors, the hues, the shades, Tae's eyes roam on the canvas freely, but restrained to the ends of the canvas, as if the canvas is his whole world, whole life, whole passion. A countable times, Jungkook has seen tae working with art. Every time, his orbs have witnessed tae, losing himself in the eternity of colors, appearing similar to a possession being performed, a devotional ritual taking place.

Jungkook loves the lost feeling in Tae's eyes, the dedication his dark brown orbs reflect.

He even falls harder, when his chocolate irises defy the restraint of loose locks of hair, working through them, the sweat drops trickling down his forehead, suggesting Tae is focused. Too focused to even breathe. His hand reaches the older, holding the shoulder gently,

Jk: "Breath properly now, will you?" As if his trance is disturbed, Tae jolts in realization, his hands stopping midway, he gazes at the younger for a few seconds, snapping back to reality.

Tae: "Right." He whispers as a reply and proceeds to take deep breathes in, realizing again, the fact that he was indeed holding his breath for a long time. Out of breath, he continues panting hard, but, he now feels less stressed.

Aureolin, cinnabar, the colors merged to create a perfect blend of peace to his mind. He glances at the painting, almost finished, a few finishing touches await the revelation of another of his masterpieces.

Tae: "What do you think?"

His eyes connect with the younger alpha, discovering that he was being gazed at, lovingly at that. Jungkook doesn't break the contact of their orbs, doesn't look away, doesn't blink, but his lips move in symphony with the beats of his heart.

Jk: "Beautiful." He answers, still gazing at the older with love.

Tae: "Beautiful indeed." Tae's breath hitches for a moment, his heart beating faster, faster, and faster every moment. A smile plastered on his lips.

Tae: "You think?" He whispers to the other, noticing the younger's softening gaze.

Jk: "I believe." A firm reply follows. But, the question graved deep in his mind remains unanswered. What is the Jungkook talking about? The painting? O.........him?

Tae: "Do you want it?"

He takes a chance again. Trying to understand the emotions that are brewing in the other's light brown eyes, he feels a hand on his cheek.

Jk: "I want it. But I am afraid I am not worthy of it." Jungkook voices slowly. His thumb gently stroked the older on his cheek, leniently removing a light trace of the red color that seems strikingly prominent on the porcelain skin the other possesses.

Another chance. Tae takes it being unable to abstain himself wanting love, more and more.

Tae: "But you already have it to yourself."

Jk: "I do?"

Tae: "Check for yourself."

Jungkook smiles this time, his ever softening gaze now stifling the other in warmth. Unknown to his will, he slowly bends down, his face inching closer to his man, their breaths fanning each other with care, his hand still resting on the older's soft cheek. Tae closes his eyes in anticipation, waiting for the younger to give him what he desires. For a meek moment, their lips lightly brush against each other.

As if lightning struck him, Jungkook pulls back in haste, his eyes wide, unsure, unstable. His hand retreats itself, his figure slowly starts moving back. "I'm sorry."

Tae watches the younger with concern, his brows furrowed in worry. "What's wrong? What are you saying sorry for?"

Jungkook shakes his head in shock. Covering his mouth to process what he was about to do. His eyes get colored in horror. He runs away from the older, shaming himself over his reckless nature.

.
.
.

Tae finds the escapist on the rooftop. leaning against the rails, head hung low, his posture leisurely stiff, if that explains the weird stiffness the other has adopted in his muscular frame.

He ambles closer to the younger. Hugging him from behind, he rests his head on the shoulder that is situated lower than his own. He feels the other stiffening, but in the end, Jungkook leans into his embrace.

Tae: "Want to talk about it?" He speaks closer to the younger's ear, his arms encircled around the other's thin waist.

Jk: "I was about to......kiss you."

Tae: "I know."

Jk: "But, you didn't protest."

Tae: "Hm. Because I didn't want to protest."

Jk: "But it isn't right Tae. If anything I don't deserve to kiss you. I ............... I am not worthy of it."

Tae: "Who are you to decide that? I wanted a kiss."

Jk: "I don't feel enough for you. I don't feel worthy enough."

Tae: "You don't need to be anything anymore. I want you to touch me now. You have earned the trust dearly. You can touch me." Tae smiles at the end of his words. Seeing the other turning around to face him he closes his eyes with a smile.

Tae: "I am waiting."

Jk: "Are you sure?"

Tae: "I am."

A second passes as tae feels a warm pair of lips resting on his needy ones. He feels movement, wanting to reciprocate it, he kisses the other back, an electric shiver runs down his spine, his heart craves more of it. He greed's to deepen the kiss further and feels content when Jungkook proceeds to explore the insides of his hot cavernous mouth. Needy, he might be needy, but he is given what he wants, he is blessed with what he needs now.

Jungkook misses this feeling, this shiver, this heat, this passion that he had forgotten, existed in his life. Tae contents him every way. With a single touch, a mere kiss on the forehead, he feels he can love the other way more than what he does now. He wants to love the other more. The kiss breaks as the two alphas pant hard, feeling out of breath, their shallow breathes merge, their foreheads connected, eyes closed in happiness, the sun slowly begins to sleep.

.
.

A red skyline, warming their faces up, their blush, mixing with the Sun's hue. They open their eyes together. Gazing at each other's dazed eyes, their smile breaks like the first leaf of spring.

"Thank you" Jungkook voices in gratitude. He loses himself in infatuation, feeling addicted to the older, the way he smiles, the way his kiss feels, the way his eyes sparkle in every contact, the way those deep brown orbs reveal every emotion that he desires to hunt down.

A knot in their hearts decreases further towards the ultimate feeling of freedom. They explore new blooming love, through the rusty branches of an old unrequited longing.

 They explore new blooming love, through the rusty branches of an old unrequited longing

❤️‍🩹

Author N-Tk 𐤀