🔺 CHAPTER 28🔺

Another tragedy 🖤

Sun rays being bright as usual sparks up into thin pieces of spectrum, seeping through the heavy curtains of the gloomy room, creating it's own access to the darkness, carrying a simmering motto of illumination. Like a diamond that irreplaceable reflects the shining strands of one single ray into spectrum of beautiful light threads, the room begins to feel the escape of a brightness from the living world to the interiors of darkness.

The darkness of the room still persistent on being the ever existing component of the room, doesn't seem to erode away easily. The intruding light finds a solemn figure lying on the ground, exhausted from crying, sound asleep on the cold floor. His posture crumpled as if on verge of collapse if not held by his own hands around his body.

A loud ring breaks the silence of the situation. As if startled similarly, the darkness now seems to evaporate from the closed boundary of four steady walls.

Like the first chirrup of a morning bird, it wakes him up, startling his senses. Irony in the whole situation of gaining back a sense of awakening. The figure on the floor struggles at first, fighting with exhaustion to attend the call that still rings on with remaining might. Cold, his senses invade in him, the feeling of cold floors underneath him forces him to jolt up and rescan his location. After much thought he recalls, the sleep had attended him in between his cries, not giving him the chance to reach the bed for finding comfort under the quilt.

Still quite dazed from the sleep, his frame wobbles, staggers to the place where he finds his phone, suspended with low battery. While rubbing his eyes to chase away the blurry vision, he receives the call not knowing the caller.

Jk: "Hello." His voice comes out horse, still not being able to cope up with the sleepiness. Fortunately he doesn't find any headache or any other obvious symptoms of cold after spending the night without mattress, blanket and warmth.

Tae: "Morning, Mr. Jeon." His eyes widen upon realizing the owner of the melodious voice that reached his ears in a subtle vibration of excitement.

Jk: "Morning Tae." He greets, his lips forming an involuntary smile. Momentarily his brain forgets every pain he faced last night. Just a single phrase and this man can make him smile wide.

Tae: "Jackson told me you left early last night. Are you feeling sick?" Jackson. The name makes him reconcile the previous day's conversation. How shocked he was, how confused he still is of the situation. He had rejected, he still remains stocked to the point of rejection. He did share the love, he does regret, he despite it now, this, he cannot bear to be shared again.

Jk: "I'm not sick. I had an urgent call from the company. They want me to tutor someone." He made a white lie. It is true though, he had an urgent call from his assigned tutoring company that he has a job of tutoring a celebrity, as a substitute for real mentor as the later had to be admitted to hospital for health reasons.

Tae: "Dance tutoring? Who is that Lucky person? May I ask dancer jeon?" A tease, at it's most obvious of stages.

Jk: "Reba. She will have a few months of time to memorize all her steps for a concert."

Tae: "The heartthrob, mega star Dilreba?"

Jk: "Yeah yeah. Heartthrob, my ass."

Tae: "I would want to return one curse back at you, but Jiyi is here. You are lucky."

Jk: "As always." Both the sides chuckle with enthusiasm.

The worries of life, sad memories and insecurities being non existent for the moment. Swayed in their own world, jungkook can vividly imagine tae's smiling face, wide grin, being a whole sunshine in himself. How madly he wants to see the other's face now. How badly he desires to feel the warmth that the one on the other line radiates.