🔹 CHAPTER 13🔹

📖 Telling a story to you !

"Tell me baby, what do you want to eat if not pancakes?" A woman in her 30s gently enquires a little girl. Since the very morning she has been throwing tantrums of not eating. Being apparently sulky over something .she disgusts every edible thing that is brought in front of her as a mode of extreme pamper. But, she wants no attention except that of her taetae.

"Jiyi. Please eat this baby. You will get sick if you skip meals like this." Second woman voices out in her concerned tone.

"Jiyi! Want some chocolates baby?" Yeonjun shouts out from the window immediately getting the attention of both the women inside.

"No chocolates in the early morning!" Both of the women shout to the young omega discouraging the intake of junk food in the beginning if the day. Yeonjun lowers down his head in defeat. Like a good boy, he slowly ambles toward the other quarters to continue his work.

But, Jiyi remains stubborn. It has been a complete week since she has last seen her Taetae. Apparently for the management business trips, meetings, arrangements of new residents the alpha has been busy. So much occupied he is that he didn't get the chance to visit his dear baby. But, a children have no sense of logic, nor do they depend on the adult's point of explanation.

"What's wrong in here?" A voice suddenly floats in the whole room attracting the attention of the ones present inside. Upon turning back to confirm her guess of the person being her man of favor, she smiles widely, getting excited over his Taetae's attention.

"Taetae! You're here!" The little girl screams in joy, delighted, happy and cheered to see her long long missing taetae.

"Too much loud aren't we?" Tae utters after hugging the little girl, feeling her love after so long. Unlike the child, he couldn't express his utter longing for his baby throughout the torturing week of work.

At times his mind wanders of to the possibilities in his life. If he has to go away from the place he resides in, he will have to sacrifice his friends, his work, his life of comfort and especially special people like Jackson and Jiyi. Jackson being an adult serves the advantage of meeting him whenever both of them have time. But, Jiyi? As beautiful, playful, happy and cute she is, she will be adopted by someone.

She will then gave a family of her own, loving parents who will adore her with exclusive love. But, even if he doesn't go away Jiyi will have to. The same questions repeat in his mind coming out as a flood of confusions. Will he be able to give Jiyi to someone and be happy? Can he see Jiyi going away with her new family? Can he be at peace not seeing her ever again?

The same answers follow. No, no and no. But, that is what life is. Even if he doesn't want to, Jiyi deserves a happy family, she deserves a healthy life. He can't be selfish to keep herself to him. Or can he? He has though of it several times, discussed it with Jackson and his colleagues. If he wants to he can be the responsible parent of Jiyi. But his fears never fail to prove their existence.

He believes Jiyi needs good parents, which he is not, hell he will be the one alone raising her. He believes Jiyi needs a healthy family, but his life is neither normal nor healthy. He has no family to be with, he can never support her need for playing, instead he will be busy himself. But, even knowing these prevents his heart from giving up on his baby. Being a player of safe sides he has decided to take time. But, how long will he get? What if he is too late?

He breaks the hug to see the little girl still smiling wide.

Jiyi: "I missed you so much Taetae. You didn't come to me for 7 days. I waited for you everyday but you didn't come. There was nobody to put me to sleep and tell me happy stories of prince and princesses." The girl sulkily mumbles, making sure to be heard by the elder. A smile blooms on tae's lips, his baby misses him too. He needs a damage control very soon. First for the heavy complains that Jiyi will throw and second for his heart that will burst out in happiness.