✴️ CHAPTER 42 ✴️

Never let go 🫂

Tired after the whole day of work, exhausted with the new star he is working with, Dilreba, he has given up on keeping himself together. Now, all that Jungkook wants is to crumple himself up into a ball and lay on Tae's lap, enjoy his care and love, speak shit about the actress and ease up his frustrations. His steps, long, wide, and firm, he steps into the house with a sigh.

Jk:"Tae tae! I brought chocolate pudding for you and Jiyi! Jiyi is at her friend's house, we can store these for her to eat when she comes back." He announces out loud, waiting for a response to come. Silence greets him indeed. Tae mustn't have heard him.

He opens the shoes, cleanly places them on the rack, and ambles inside the house. Throwing the desserts in the fridge, he gives himself a pat on his back.

Jk: "Good job kook! You were able to bring it after standing in the line for so long. I didn't know you were this enduring. Your legs are hurting. Let's tell Tae about it.

Jiyi: "Do you talk to the air?" Jiyi had once asked him witnessing her Kookie oppa speaking to none, standing alone in the whole room.

Jk: "Nope. To myself." He had winked and replied to her with a smile.

Now, his self-praise sees the ends as he enters the room when the submissive alpha waits for his arrival. "I found your favorite pudding, tae-"

He halts abruptly, his steps collide with the floor, stopping his words. Tae isn't in his room. Rare, but Tae is likely in any other room. He won't go out now, will he?

He roams the whole house with a rush, his worry increasingly abjuring a cynical storm in it. Concerned he feels sweat building upon his body, his throat drying as he fails to find the older man in the house.

Quick thinking skills are immediately put to work, he dials Jackson's number. A few rings resonate through his eardrums, and the person on the other line accepts the call.

Jackson: "Come outside. I am waiting." A confused mind, sudden demand from another, his mind being muddled up by all the things happening around him. It doesn't feel good.

Jk: "What is it Hyung?" He asks the older with worry laced in his voice, the height of it doubling faster every moment as he receives silence with the other's apologetic face.

Jk: "Come on! Tell me, what's wrong?"

Jackson: "Tae....." It's about tae? So he knows where Tae is? Why is he not aware of anything?

Jk: "Yes? What about him?"Jackson looks further down with the question. His eyes. beginning to get glassy with cynical thoughts.

Jackson: "He found out about everything. He now knows everything that we hid from him." A thunder strikes Jungkook out of the blue. He stumbles a few steps behind, he breathes getting shallow, eyes going red, his words don't come out. He is dumbstruck.

Jackson: "So......he......" As much as he hates it, he knows what words are gonna come next. He hates that everything is so obvious now. Tae's disappearance makes complete sense now.

Jk: "Where is he? Did he tell you?" Rather calm, Jungkook sounds lost, overly calm for a situation that the present has brought to him.

Jackson: "He didn't! I asked him a thousand times but!"

Jk: "When did he talk to you about it?"

Jackson: "About an hour ago."

.
.
.

Jackson is sent home. Jungkook prefers to stay alone in the dark corner of the room, the moonlight illuminating the enclosure of four walls, a grown man, sitting on the bed, still, dazed, being peeked at by the cold rays of the meek glow.