🔹 CHAPTER 10🔹

🍃 The Final Drift 🍃

The holidays for winter are about to end in 2 days. Tae sits in his workroom, preparing the art base that he recently thought of. An abstract of night and day, merged with the colliding moon and sun, the ultimate war of light and darkness balanced in the sharp space of clouds and stars. The bats and birds being the silent witness of the deadly warship.

His brush strokes on the wide canvas, one with the vague shade of prussian blue and another with dazzling hue of line. The sun is at it's peak of strength, creating sweat drops on his body. Being extremely engrossed in the artwork he forgets, he ignores the sliding sweat on his forehead that cascades down to his neck.

His eyes shining with focus, hands working with tremendous speed, body stiff in posture, he seems dazed in the world of colours. As if he can visualize the scene through his eyes, the work continues with extreme concentration and accuracy.

It has been a week since Yeon has entered their perfect life. Perfectly known to him the life doesn't seem perfect anymore.

His loving and caring mate is still the same in nature. But, his care and attention are now only and only darted towards the omega. The way Jungkook laughs everytime when being with yeon makes tae doubt his capability of making the other happy in his whole period of being with him.

Jk: "Tae! We are going out for a while. We'll come back soon alright!!?" The loud shout of Jungkook and the banging on the door breaks his trance of thoughts. Being startled for a while, the art knife falls down and scratches his palm. Hissing in pain, he hides the flow of blood knowing that the other will open the door soon.
.
.
.

For the week, they have been going out in order to make Yeon more comfortable with them. Them doesn't mean the three of them, in the first day he was out, but his work keeps him far from being free.

The two young adults are getting close. Too much close that it exceeds the friendship or brotherhood tags. But, his insecurities fail to haunt him more than the thought if his inability to keep the other happy does.

He feels inferior somehow.

He knows everything that Jungkook's family had in their mind when they came to know that they were mates. Mrs. Jeon is a kind lady, she has always supported tae in many of his works, but, her face had shown a perfect image of dissatisfaction on knowing the fact. She desired grandchildren, that too from her own bloodline. And being an alpha, taehyung was incapable.

Mr. Jeon never had any grudge as long as the family was secure. But, how can a family be secure without the heirs of their trade and business? Jungkook had supported him in the battle of proving himself worthy. Although he doesn't know if he is accepted, at least no rejection is thrown to him. And to add to his insecurities, Mrs. Jeon's enthusiasm in getting to know yeon more, after knowing that he is an omega has triggered the best of his fears.

And that, leads him to just wait and endure, watch and feel his love drifting away. If he protests Jungkook must to be sad, his family is bound to say that he doesn't want any good for Jungkook. Judging from Mrs. Jeon's character he knew something will be plot up and that happened. He received a call from Mrs. Jeon in a very fine morning.

The main thing to be conveyed was "Taehyung, I know how much you love our kookie, and how much you wish for his well being. You shall know a dominant alpha can only be happy when he is given a soft partner, a child, a family. I hope you understand my point. Have a nice day." And he did. He moved along.

There was no one to share his pain, but he too was busy with his life. He couldn't just burden his brother even more. Something in him had triggered all the insecurities of being a submissive alpha to be true in his life. He cannot give his mate a family, what for is he there then?