🔺 CHAPTER 29 🔺

It's all my fault 🥀

The day is unusual, very unusual for Jackson. The beginning itself poses him in front of several questions that he has to take the time to think it through. A call in the early morning, urgent work, sick Hobi. Right. His brain has taken much time to rethink after declining his bestie's call. Then he remembers, Jiyi is alone. Shaking the sleep out of his head, he starts preparing himself. The completion of morning routine shows the way to the early duty of entertaining and accompanying the princess Jiyi.

The process is hurried but calculated. A quick spray of cologne and he is done with his preparations. Almost empty streets greet him when he finally decides to run his car to his friend's house. The busy hour is yet to arrive, the sun greets him with joy, smiling brightly that it forces his eyes to look away. The sun warns him of focusing on the road. The cold breeze hits his face, not so delicately for he is running the car quite fast in order to reach the ten year old quickly.

His focus although kept on the road, a subconscious part if his mind can't help but think about the future. He knows, Tae can not live without Jungkook. What Tae does now is not living, it is called surviving, striving for nothing, or adamantly proving himself as fittest for survival.

Yeon goes for Jk, although mastered the work of hiding his emotions of love and affection, kook is too obvious, just like his feelings. Every time he talks to Tae or about tae, there is a vigorous play of pale emotions in his eyes, guilt, sorrow, love, affection, admiration, everything is expressed in just a moment. Subtle and soft expressions, admiring glances, stealing a few gazes at the other, nothing goes unknown, nothing is unnoticed, not to Jackson.

Just how in the world can they be made together? These obvious emotions are just covered with the thinnest veil of insecurities. Once ripped off, Jackson believes, they can never be departed again.

Finding ways, it seems is a mission now, for reuniting them. It is a challenge of course.

Jiyi still wanders in her dream land when Jackson reaches the house. Waking the little girl up, he notices the breakfast to be ready. A smile escapes his lips, but along with it tails a concerned sigh.

Who told Tae to prepare the breakfast before going?

He continues his morning with Jiyi, telling her stories of how her taetae disturbed his sweet sleep in the early morning.

Jungkook on the other hand sits alone in his training room. His new student who has him reserved for the time being still has no trace of arrival. He sighs for the umpteenth time, disappointment evident in his sharp facial features. He expects punctuality from top rank stars as Dilreba. But, it seems now that he expects too much. A thought suddenly appears in his mind. A work that he has thought of tons of time before, but has never got a proper chance to execute.

He brings out his phone from the pockets of his loose sweatshirt and scrolls through the contacts searching for a particular name.

Finding the desired contact, he calls it, waiting for the person on the other line to answer. The phone keeps ringing and he almost becomes convinced that this will not be responded. But, it is answered.

"Can you call me after a while? I am a bit busy." The sentence to greet him comes as nothing loving or caring as he had expected.

Jk: "When are you not busy yoongi Hyung ?How long has it been since you last called?" Kook enquires his big brother, his tone, not hiding the dissatisfaction even the slightest. It feels weird to call yoongi as brother after he has called Jackson so. Somehow, to Jungkook, Jackson suits the address of big brother better than yoongi. It might be the tone, or it might be the words that makes yoongi stay silent for a while. It has never been Jk who speaks with grudge. Thus, this might come as a surprise.