🔺 CHAPTER 33 🔺

▫️ Back to square one ▫️

The two alphas still tangled in a hug, a stream of thoughts flowing in each of their minds. Every decision to be taken now will determine whether they are meant to be.

Their eyes closed, arms wrapped around each other, the intoxicating feeling of warmth seeping through their senses. It is now that the two realize how much they miss each other, long for each other. Yet, their mouth remains shut contrary to their loud beating hearts.

Jungkook slides his head down from the older alpha's shoulder, easing the support, his head cascading down to the other's chest. Arms still partially wrapped around the other, he places his ears near the other's heart. Loud. The heart against his ear beats louder than he gas ever heard it beating. Similar to the one against his ear, his own heart races his anxiousness.

Jk: "Tae.." He whispers, breaking the layer of convenient silence. His tone, in itself, carrying a blend of anxiousness, intimacy, insecurity.

"Hm?"Tae responds, unintentionally sounding lenient, overly soft to ears of the listener.

"Do you feel your heart?" A hand now reached the clothed surface on the heart. The beats increasing even more after his act. Jungkook releases a shaky breathe. He doesn't know, why or how these fast and metrical beats hypnotize him to listen more, lean on to the source further, deeper.

"I do." As if possessed by the beats of his own heart his Tae extends his hand and places it gently on the others where it resides on the beats of his heart.

It feels so addictive to the younger, his mind forces him to encourage the thoughts of being attracted endlessly, getting swayed by this rhythm doesn't make him hesitate to the slightest.

He grabs the elder's smaller hands from the top of his larger ones. Making eye contact with the other, he places the smaller palms on top of his racing pulse. His chest seems as if it will explode of excitement of moment.

Closeness. He feels it properly, for the first time in life. No intimacy in their actions, pure love, saturated passion in their eyes, one mirroring the dark hue the other emits, the pools of darkness reflecting the identical emotions, a paradigmatic creation of infatuation in the hearts of both.

Jk: "What do you feel when they beat so fast tae? Mine is racing your's. Do you know what I feel?"

Jungkook murmurs near the other's ears, his breath fanning the other's sensitive ear shell.

Tae: "Do you?"

He repeats the question in caprice, a leased permission from his already betrothed heart.

Eyes still gazing at the other in pure proclivity, the dark pearls beginning to glaze with tears, tae shakes his head, clueless of what he is being asked, absent in the present, his mind drowning in the dark pools of emotions in front of him.

Jk: "I love you Tae." Snap. His mind snaps back to reality in the speed of lightning. The dreamy ambiguous atmosphere dissipates away.

His hand that resided on the other's pulsating core is quickly retreated. His eyes widen with shock, his posture stiffens. He closes his eyes tightly, hoping that he had heard wrong, it isn't what he thinks it is.

Jk: "You heard it right." Deep voice resonating in his ears, drumming against his senses, tae feels dizzy of everything that is happening.

He tries to to pull himself away, wanting to disappear from the younger's sight, but he is held ever do tightly in the other's strong arms, he can't go away, he can't retreat from what he is in now.