💠 CHAPTER 35 💠

____Unknown Truth____

"We still have time to not mess up. I don't know why, but this plan is not giving me any good hopes."Jungkook utters the words in dread as he drives through the empty roads. His works of visiting Jiyi and Jackson, freshening up before going to Tae, all are completed as he now is going to meet the alpha in hospital.

"Listen to me, please. I know he will feel devastated in the future if he knows that. But, to tell him his situation now is the worst thing I can handle. I don't want to see him breaking way apart." Jackson's voice in the other line is stressed. Burdened with worries as he tries to conceal his agony at his very best. Jungkook sighs, not knowing what to do at the present. His inner self wants to tell every damn truth to tae. He feels that tae deserves to know it. But, he can't ever ignore Jackson. What the older says also has deep connections to his soul. Devastation. When tae knows the truth in the future, he will be sad, maybe he will throw hatred, but if he knows it now, he will be broken with sorrow.

Fate seems to play with their lives so crudely, the whole existence seems impure to him. Every damn thing in his life is wrong. And, he is the only one to blame for this. The situation he is made to face corresponds so much with the drowning sailor he had heard stories of.

"The sailor had leisurely made the boat but the boat had helped him cross the river. But, when the sailor started to take the boat for granted, it broke apart in the ocean, leaving the sailor all alone to die."

He remembers his mother telling him this story, himself listen with intent and unblinking.

Funny, how he can relate so much, funny how he feels the hatred for himself as he felt for the sailor to mistreat the boat. Even if every one of his sins is forgiven, he can never forgive himself. Never.

His memory flashes back to the time he went home after meeting Jiyi. Unexpected, unknown, everything became clear to him. It dawned on him how he has wronged tae throughout.

.
.
.

Jungkook reaches his house, partially exhausted, contrasting anticipation filling his senses. He needs to reach to Tae soon.

But, the house isn't how he had left it. The door is unlocked, lights are on, he can sense a presence in the house.

A surge of anxiousness passes through him as he begins to sweat cold. Slow steps, he makes very little noise while entering his own house. Scared of who might have entered his living space.

But, the sight to greet him turns out to be way more irritating than what strangers would have given him. His parents sit leisurely in the living room, talking together as if they haven't intervened in his privacy.

Jk: "What are you doing here?" He asks after settling down physically, his mental stability just as unstable as a wooden plank in the river.

Mrs. J: "It's our son's house. We can come in whenever we want."

Jk: "Yes? But you need to inform that son of yours at least once." Agitated with their presence, Jungkook doesn't care for polite words. He wanted to reach Tae soon and now he is stuck.

.
.
.

Mrs.j: "I'll be straightforward in it. I want you to cut connections with KIM TAEHYUNG" His mother says to him in a monotonous manner.

Not this again. He is not ready to listen to his parents' bullshit and act as an obedient boy.

Jk: "Of course. One condition. You shall cut all connections with father." He boldly spats as his mother keeps staring at him wide-eyed.

Mrs. J: "Your father is my mate, kook."

Jk: "TAEHYUNG  is my mate too mother." Well, he was once.

Mrs.j: "He isn't worthy of you kook. Try to understand."

Jk: "I am not worthy of him And, none of you are. Thank you."

He is acting drunk and he knows that. Even when he knows he is not behaving the way his very authoritarian parents had taught him, he feels good to do what he thinks is good. He feels empowered.

"So you are already brainwashed." Mrs. Jeon voices, this time her tone lower than usual, early offended by her son's behavior.

Jk: "If you think so."

Mrs Jeon: "You must know that an alpha is meant to be with an omega, have children, and live normally."

Jk: "You must know that two destined mates are supposed to be bonded for life and shall not be separated."

Shocked by her son's drastic change in attitude Mrs. Jeon goes speechless for a while. This is not the Jungkook she had raised with all her care. This is not what she had wanted him to be.

Mrs.J: "Your time with yeon hasn't proved how happy you will be with an omega in your life?"

Jk: "It was a mistake. And I can never be happy if tae isn't with me. Not sorry."

Mr. Jeon steps into the conversation, seeing the shocked expression of his woman."You have responsibilities towards us, kook. We are your parents. We desire you to have children, be happy and run our company."

Jungkook chuckles at his father's words. His eyes containing nothing but wrath. "You desire me to have children for you need heirs to the business. It's not my happiness that concerns you." Today he realizes how dumb he has always been to fall for his parents' words. How naive he was, how much trust he had given to his parents who don't deserve it.

"Kook! You are crossing your limits!" Mrs. Jeon snaps at her son viciously, angered by the behavior she gets. She had forever wanted Bo to be polite, submissive, and obedient, and much to the grace of God he was so. Does she wonder what changed him so much? Kim Taehyung?

Jk: "I am learning from you mother. You had crossed the line years ago when you slowly started to lead me away from Tae."

Mrs Jeon: "I have sacrificed a lot for you Jungkook. I won't ever let you go down the wrong path. I even made yeon appear in your life so that you leave that Tae. Why can't you just be what we want you to be!?"

What? She made yeon appear? How?

"You did what?"Jk enquires in confusion, no, he demands an explanation from his mother.

At this moment, Mrs. Jeon realizes that she messed up her whole game. Rage brought her down to the ground, smashing her self-control in pieces. The truth is revealed.

.
.
.
.
.

Jk: "Get out of my house!" He had shouted at his parents after knowing the whole truth of Yeon in his life. Never had he imagined that his mother will be the greatest of his enemies. He loses words to express what he feels for Tae now. With all the hateful words of his mother, yeon's intervention, and his ignorance, it's not a wonder Tae wanted a free life, without him.

.
.
.

Jk: "I am sorry. I am sorry Tae" He cries in a muffled voice, holding the other's smaller hands in his own, he sobs silently.

By the time he reached the hospital, Tae had already fallen asleep due to medicines. Even after trying hard, he couldn't conceal the geas anymore. Thinking of how much Tae has endured, he promises to make the future better.

Jk: "I will make everything okay. I promise."

"

Do comment & tell me your opinion 🤍

Author N-Tk 𐤀