💠 CHAPTER 38 💠

The pain that you feel

Neyeon: "Jackson, can you tell me whom you love?" Neyeon asks with anticipation, as her eyes gaze at the male standing beside her. How can she be so in love just by one sight? How can a strict character as her meltdown so easily? Love is it?

Jackson: "He is my best friend. Kim Taehyung." Jackson says the things in a daze as his mind seems muddled with troubles. The name was not uttered intentionally. He knows he is hurting the younger lady, but he has no way to help him up.

Realization dawn's on neyeon, Kim taehyung. So, her mate is in love with him. A bitter smile blooms on her lips, melancholic yet touches of humor at her fate. Should she hate Taehyung now? But, can she? Can she turn her back to the man who helped her up when she went down for a moment?

Neyeon: "You are perfect best friends I see."

.
.
.

The car stops midway, traffic lights turning the vibrant crimson, causing him to abstain from having a smooth journey to home. The submissive alpha peeks through the half-tinted window as the crowded road comes to the sight of his naked eye.

Growing up working since early teenage years, he has never liked traffic, he wonders if he is exceptional when it comes to the feelings of adults regarding traffic.

He misses Jiyi a lot. Few hours though, it seems he has not hugged his child for several years. A smile finds its place on his lips as he remembers the days with Jiyi when she was just 5 years old. In between all the struggles he had back then, she was a major source of sanity for him, a large reason for his existent will to live and survive.

His chain of thoughts comes to a halt as his belly churns up. A wringing sensation fills him up as he coughs out gravely. Loud, painful, and exhausting. It feels as if all his energy is being drained out. The cough doesn't stop, so, does the grave churn in his belly.

The cough continues until the driver asks about his health out of obvious concern. Panting hard, still holding his stomach to hang in while the pain passes away, he replies with an affirmative nod. It hurts like hell.

His phone rings that moment as his current favorite song comes to his ears as the ringtone. "Neyeon", says the caller ID revealing the identity of the caller. He receives the call, forgetting the pain as it slowly disappears like it never happened.

Tae: "Hello?"

Neyeon: "He loves you."

Silent moments pass by as no one speaks. Startled, shocked by the sudden statement he is forced to be speechless, unsettled a bit as he struggles to find words to deliver.

Neyeon: "Come on now. I won't go and hate you for it. No one can control love." Her voice is light, showing how genuine her emotion is. She doesn't hate, but she is jealous of Tae, jealous of the fact that he gets what she wants. Jackson's love.

Neyeon: "You know, you must help me get him. I will attack you with my needle otherwise." He smiles at her funny nature, knowing very well she is sad, but not broken yet, jealous but not disgusted with him.

Tae: "I don't like needles."

Neyeon: "So you better help me."

Tae: "I will. I promise. You are the best for him. Believe me, he will be 20X happier when he gets you."

Neyeon: "Thank you."

Tae: "No, thank you."

.
.
.
.
.

He reaches his home late for the traffic not wanting to dissipate had held him stuck like a hostage of time. Sitting idle too causes exhaustion, he knows it does and he isn't ready to believe any other explanation.