🔻 CHAPTER 16🔻

|| Even if it hurts ||

For the umpteenth time in the night, the submissive alpha suffers from a self conflict. After hearing the news of the other's demise, his thinking skills seem to have an apparent but drastic change of deterioration. Sitting on the single couch contemplating his next act, he has forgotten to keep the track of time. Not even receiving the blessing of even a wink of sleep at the night before, his eyes are tired, but they deny the suggestion of closing.

Jackson: "What do you think of doing?" Jackson voices out to him wanting to know of which thoughts, the other's mind is playing with.

Tae: "I don't know. Help me please!" Comes a helpless reply. He truly feels helpless at this very moment. He desires to break all the chains of doubts and run to the other. But the chains are too tangled up in him. They can't be broken anymore.

A sigh leaves the dominant's mouth. He understands the situation. So, he proceeds to push the other up from the darkness.

Jackson: "Will you be happy staying here?"

Tae: "No."

Jackson: "Will you be happy going there?"

Tae: "I don't know."

Jackson: "Do you want to go?"

Tae: "I do!No buts Tae. These buts have suppressed you long enough. Do what you like. Do what you wish to do."

Tae:"But jacks-"

Jackson: "Go there. Not because he is related to you, but because someone is in need of help. You are a social worker. Remember?"

The rushed steps followed. Quick dress up and helped him go as fast as he can to his desired destination. Not minding the road safety regulations that he once thought to be never defied, he quickens his car speed.
With a screech of the tires due to abrupt pulling of break, the car that was speeding like a maniac comes to a stop.

Never had he thought of returning to this very place. As if the memories were of his previous life, they flash in his mind not minding the situation he is in. He needs to go check on what happened, what is happening and what is supposed to happen. But, his brain pampers him to recollect every golden moment he had once spent here.

This is the place he used to call home, years ago. Everything is past now.

The submissive alpha remembers his family. His daughter. Jiyi, in this very short span of time, has become the motive of his existence. No matter what motive of his existence. No matter what the world says, he has pledged to never let go of her. He has another to be her shade in the sun and darkest storms.

Reminding himself that she is safe with Jackson in the house, his pace of walking begins to accelerate.

With single push the door of the house is wide open. The submissive alpha's honey brown orbs begin to trace the empty living room to find a living soul in there. On the call he was informed about the tragedy that is overthrown. But what shocked him more is the time span.

Ziiyi: "I am sorry Tae, I can't keep this a secret anymore. It has been 2 days, yeon is no more. He committed suicide!" Thinking of the words bring a shiver down his spine. A healthy boy who was happy in his life with his family and mate, who received acceptance of what he is, suddenly committed suicide? Why?

They met just a week ago! Why does life force him to face the cruelest of sides? Is his life cursed? Or is he a curse himself?

"Tae!" The familiar voice breaks his ever confusing trance of mind. Ziiyi stands idly infront of the room that once was shared by the two.