▪️ CHAPTER 4▪️

_____ To Much To HANDLE _____

The tiredness, being the stubborn feeling that has managed to stay evident in his senses, continuously knocks and reminds him of rest. But, here he is. Standing in front of his mate whom he just asked the very first question that his overwhelming mind could brainstorm and come up with. "How have you been?"

Just seeing the other for a brief while gives him comfort that nothing other can successfully give him in the whole eternity. He wonders if the other feels the same. If yes, why is it never reflected in his works, actions, or life? If not, why do mate bonds exist? The overwhelming feeling intensifies every moment. His heartbeats tend to rise and each successive one dares the other to compete and become louder and faster.

Is it just for him? Does nothing exist in between them? It did once at the least. Was it all fake? A dream? An illusion that he badly wanted to be in? If so, he wants the illusion to return. He wants his brain to be subconscious if that can help him get the dream life he desires. If that helps him prove himself to be worthy of his mate, Tae wants the reality to be turned upside down.

But, with his mate in front of him, his heartbeats never failing to grow louder, his mind in a network of utmost bliss, can he think of taking any step to turn the reality into something else? Can he do so?

Jk: "Do you come back at this hour usually?" His unending chain of thoughts gets a trailed ending when the other's question reaches his ear.

He wants to be selfish and imagine that the other is worried, concerned, or at the very least curious about his lifestyle. But, the other's tone miserably fails to even touch the base of the mountain of hopes that tae has created. Still, he maintains the smile, while constantly reminding himself of not being negative in any sense to offend the other, he replies "I usually come a bit earlier."

The other's eyes give him an uninterested gaze. Among all the reactions that tae had imagined to see when they finally meet properly after 7 months did not include this.

"Hyung will come tomorrow. Be ready. He told me that he insists on you to stay when they arrive." With a monotone, Jungkook continues. That is all before the other turns his heels to move upstairs.

In a moment tae hears the breaking sound of his heart, shattering, cluttering, and staying ignored, unknown, for the umpteenth time. In a fraction of a second, he desperately voices out a question to the other.

"Nothing else?"

Jungkook's steps come to an abrupt stop after hearing the question. He turns around, being curious, to find tae still standing in a similar position. "Like what?"His voice again rings through tae's ears.

Is he so very wrong to expect at least a smile, a warm one? He greed's for it, His eyes search around comfort in the very free drawing-room now.

"Nothing"He tiredly voices out

As soon as the words left his mouth, he heard footsteps climbing up to the staircase, followed by the click of a door being locked. He sighs again. Foolish he was, to feel the greed, to expect the luxury of expression of love towards him. Climbing up the stairs, he enters his room. After struggling through his nightly routine with an additional dose of suppressants his tired, frail body moves to the bed. His mind wanders off to the conversation in the drawing-room.

It has always been like this. Their brothers are destined mates. Yoongi, Jungkook's older brother, is a mature man who also carries a cheerful and approachable aura. Through many moments in tae's life, he has realized that yoongi could be easily stated as a man of simple principles. A simple life, necessary needs, his handsome partner, and a happy family. Being a dominant alpha, that is all he has ever wanted. And when Tae thinks of it yoongi is successful in receiving his dream in his hands.