🔻 CHAPTER 18🔻

Unworthy of kindness 🥀

The door of the dimly lit room opens with a gentle creak. Two curious pearly eyes try every possible ways to have a single peak of the room that encloses a dominant alpha from the vicious claws of the outer world.

The dark pearls trace the whole room to find any trace of change in the favorite habitat. Fortunately, it is unharmed. The moment Jiyi was told that someone would come occupy her share of room, she had been grumpy. Neither her taetae nor her Jackson uncle had stopped the intruder.

What if her teddies are stolen? What if he picks up Alice and runs away? Worst! What if taetae's recipe booklet is vanished? She can never think of these as anything except nightmare.

But, after three days of the person's arrival, it seems everything is okay. Till now. Guess the intruder isn't a bad person. With light footsteps the little girl saunders over to Alice who takes her effort to flap his flippers in water, wanting attention and seeking for food.

Jiyi: "Stop being a foody Alice. You eat too much. Look at Taetae, he is so fit! I will put you to diet soon." Being aware, not to wake the 'intruder' up as she promises to be a mannered girl to her taetae and others around, she converses with her dear pet. The conversation continues. As if addicted to the little turtle in the aquarium filled with greeneries, Jiyi refuses to stay away from the small creature.

Tae: "Here you are." A lenient call grabs her attention. Never in the world would she ever ignore that call. As usual, it happens to be her Taetae. Standing by the open door in his loose sleeping pajamas. Since Jungkook has shifted in the girl's room due to unavailability of another room for anyone, she has been sleeping beside taehyung. With a warm tall and firm support by her side, hugging her dearly every night, she will hardly want to shift back to her old room.

Sleeping with his baby at night and waking up early in the morning, with an empty share of his opposite side, triggers his parent instincts up to an ample level. And fortunately he knows where to start finding the curious wanderer. Dawdling to the youngest, he leads her outside the room. Sneaking a peak at the alpha sleeping silently on the bed, he tries to produce the minimal sound fearing to wake the other up.

Slightly pushing the girl on the back, he makes her go out.

Tae: "He is sleeping. Go to bed, I will be there hm? You shall not disturb a sleeping person." Undertone it to the little girl, he smiles warmly.

Jiyi: "Okay" The door of the room closes with a muted and muffled click. Followed by a sigh, the submissive alpha turns to the bed. The dominant alpha sleeps so peacefully, but his health is decreasing every passing hour.

The cloudy eyes, dark circles, lean frame indicates the stress the other is deliberately putting himself into. His hand humanely touches the other's forehead. Sensing the heat to have not gone down, he grimaces worriedly. Jungkook suffered from fever when he was brought to his house. Even after heavy and regular dose of medications the fever refuses to go down.

The doctor had just recommend him to help the other get over the mental stress, which apparently was severe. The Psychologist appointment hadn't helped much. Yesterday's appointment wasn't one with Jungkook it seemed. The doctor mainly talked to him about how stressed, reserved and depressed he is, how severe and serious the depression is and so on.

This created more worries for him. The fever, the weakness, the depression, nothing supports the recovery process. Instead it is being dragged down. A worried sigh escapes the mouth of the submissive alpha who still stands by the bed, roaming in his own abode of thoughts.

Jk: "You could have let her stay." A cavernous voice of the younger echoes inside his ears.

Tae: "Huh? You're awake?" He confusedly asks wondering since when the other is properly awake. But no response follows. Instead, the alpha slowly gets up and weakly sits on the bed. Leaning his head on the headboard, fixing his gaze to the ceiling, he continues his speech.