🔺 CHAPTER 32 🔺

Not the last hug 🌺🌿

Spiral of vivid emotions traversing in the universe that he, himself has created, carried him in the trench of ultimate resolution. If tae is to die, he will die too, if tae is to live, he will make the rest of their lives warm. Happy or sad the ending might be in future, everything, he will withstand to make the process to end beautiful. The journey to the end is what gives the whole meaning to life. The end is inevitably death.

Tae is supposed to wake up in an hour. His pale face being gazed upon by the younger dominant alpha, his cold palms enveloped in larger ones.

The hands that skillfully enough stroke the vast canvases of art, create life from a scratch on blank surfaces of objects, the mind that travelling through the Galaxy of various colours and professionally picks out the best of what it has, the ethereal face that turns everyone to itself, everything is limp at the very moment of utter dismay.

Jackson had wanted to wait for his best friend to wake up, talk to him, scold him for the avoidable torment that he is causing to their lives, help the two with talking, but he has no option other than taking the little toddler to house, the hospital environment not being very suitable for a kid to be in.

Cries, once in while, resonating in the common hallway of the hospital. A bloody, distorted figure being carried on a stretcher hastily by the staffs, the man, at least Jackson supposed the person to be so, lying on it unmoving.

Agonizing cries of his family comforting each other, assuring themselves that everything will be fine. The little kid around Jiyi's age staring confusedly at the closed doors of the operation room, not knowing that his father is fighting with death, that he might not get to call his father anymore. A woman in her early twenties, the wife of the man supposedly, sitting limply on a chair in the waiting area. Her face expressionless, shock, dominating her form.

"What happened to them Uncle?" Jackson is made to tear his gaze away from the dismayed family, his attention now showered upon the little confused girl.

He has no answer. He doesn't want to answer. His insides begin to churn with the realization that their situation is slightly better if not the same. They don't know how tae will be in the future or of he will be in the future with them. This agony, he doesn't know, if it is weaving it's own ways to their lives.

Another thought Dawn's on him, his family, his mother and sister whom he leaves behind in the village for most if the time in a year, suddenly come in his mind. Their smiling faces, excited talks and extreme adoration upon meeting him after several months, his sister's nagging to eat much more than what he does, his mother's gentle scolding, saying that he shall visit more than what he does.

What if he is to face the fate as same as the earlier man on the stretcher? They will barely survive. If money doesn't become the factor to ruin them, his absence will be.

A fear travel's down his spine, imagining his family miserable die to his loss. There is no way he can let it happen.

He shakes his head, quite strenuously. He doesn't have the need of thinking these.

"Uncle?" Jiyi repeats, her voice laced with confusion, a slight worry peeking from the emotions that have confusion as majority.

He takes Jiyi in his arms and carries the little child away from the hospital chaos after informing Jungkook about it.

.
.
.

The time passes by as the night turns to dawn painting the sky crimson with it's hue, blessing the world with warmth that unknowingly and desperately every living creature craves, lives for, strives for and leans to.