Chapter 408: Arrest

The next day, people from the police station came to Taoyuan Village again.

To their slight surprise, the two cows had been found.

According to the villagers, the cows had been brought back the night before by plane. That shocked them even more. The officers hadn't even been on a normal airline, let alone a private plan. But the cows enjoyed that privilege before they did. They understood that some kind of big shot was hiding at Taoyuan Village. Therefore, they paid extra attention to this case.

After their investigation and the clues received by the man who sent back the cows, Officer Li confirmed that there was an insider who worked with the outsiders.

Hearing Officer Li's conclusion, the villagers started to discuss and guess.

"Someone has sold out the Little Cattle King again. Could it be true?" Some villagers simply couldn't believe such a fact. "The police said this, so it has to be true. The police won't lie to us." To them, the police still had a lot of prestige. "Then who is the traitor?"

Even the most ignorant villager knew that this was a crime. If they were caught, they would go to jail. This was stealing!

There was already a person in jail from Taoyuan Village. They really couldn't afford another to damage the village's reputation.

The lives of the villagers in Taoyuan Village had been getting better and better. Every household had received a large sum of money. This made the surrounding villages extremely envious.

Some of the envious villagers said sourly, "Humph, so what if their lives are getting better? They still have someone in prison. Who will willingly marry there?"

"Exactly. I heard their famous university graduate also got pregnant before she married. She doesn't even know who the father of the child is."

"Hehe, what's even funnier is that she actually kept the bastard. How is she going to marry in the future?"

"Hehe, she's so rich now. When the time comes, she can just find a man to be her husband."

It was like this in the countryside. When one person committed a crime, they would think that there was something wrong with the moral character of the entire village.

"If another person from our village gets sent to jail, our reputation will worsen." Some villagers said worriedly, "How will our children get married in the future?"

The surrounding people were quiet for a moment.

"Who do you think this traitor is?"

"Do you think it's Xiao Chengcai?" Someone carefully muttered and guessed, "After all, the enmity between Xiao Chengcai and the Xiao Zhengyang family is getting bigger and bigger. Xiao Lingyu had taken away the mountain rental Xiao Chengcai's family should get."

"Xiao Chengcai's mother was so angry that she rolled on the ground and scolded the Xiao family for days."

"But what can she do? If she didn't fork out the money, Xiao Chengcai would go to jail. Xiao Chengcai's mother doted on her youngest child but without Xiao Chengcai, who was going to support the family? She won't be able to work."

"The culprit is most likely related to Xiao Chengcai."

"That might not be the case. Xiao Chengcai's family isn't the only ones who are at odds with Xiao Zhengyang. There's also Xiao Fuqi's family." Someone guessed.

"That's true."

The guesses revolved around those few families. But more people guessed that it was Xiao Chengcai.