Chapter 518: The Truth is Out

This woman's aura was so strong. Not only did she call the police, but she also wanted to go to the hospital with the police to visit the victim.

Xiao Lingyu smiled and said sincerely, "Mrs. Lin, I wish to pay your husband a visit. Is that okay?"

Lin Xiufang was shrewd and fierce when she faced Zeng Qinghua and his wife. However, when she faced Xiao Lingyu, she became timid. She could not help but take a few steps back.

Then, she hesitated, "I... I don't think it's necessary." If they went to the hospital, everything would be exposed. Her husband was indeed in the hospital. However, he was not ill at all. Her employer had bribed a familiar doctor and created a fake patient list.

"How is it not necessary? Which hospital is Uncle staying in? I don't have many connections, but I do know a few doctors because I've worked in City Z in the past. I know Director Zhang from the First Hospital and vice director Li from the Second Hospital." Xiao Lingyu nodded, "Oh, I also know Director Chen from the Central Hospital. Which hospital and ward is uncle staying in? I'll give them a call and have them arrange a single VIP ward for uncle. After all, he's there because of my produce. I have to be responsible, right? Don't worry. We'll pay for everything."

With that, Xiao Lingyu took out her latest high-end smartphone and pretended to make a call. She thought of something and looked at Lin Xiufang, "By the way, Auntie, which hospital and ward is uncle staying in?"

Everyone, "..."

The way they looked at Xiao Lingyu changed. She knew basically all the important directors at all the important hospitals. How was that having no connections? Xiao Lingyu didn't argue with Lin Xiufang. Everything she said was with the sincerity of trying to apologize to the victim. Normally, a real patient would accept it. After all, a good hospital and a good doctor would definitely allow the patient to recover faster.

However, when Lin Xiufang heard these words, she felt a chill down her spine. A sense of panic welled up in her heart. The guilt and panic on her face were also displayed.

When the crowd saw this, they understood everything

This woman obviously had a guilty conscience.

Someone in the crowd said loudly, "That's right, Madam. The boss is very sincere. She will find a very good doctor for your husband. After all, the patient's situation is the most important. You better tell the boss which hospital and ward your husband is in."

Qiao Shiliang watched from the side. His entire face was dripping with black ink. His hands were clenched into fists, and his veins were throbbing violently. He felt both indignant and resentful.

He did not expect Zeng Qinghua to call this woman over. Moreover, she came so quickly.

Once she came, her attitude was clear and sincere. Her actions looked soft, but they hit harder than an iron rod. This was not easy to deal with. If one was not careful, one would fall into a trap again.

Qiao Shiliang's angry gaze was so obvious that Xiao Lingyu couldn't pretend not to notice him.

Xiao Lingyu looked at Qiao Shiliang and raised her eyes. She greeted him with a smile, "Boss Qiao, you are here too!"

Qiao Shiliang was stunned. He did not expect Xiao Lingyu to suddenly greet him. He couldn't pretend not to know her.

Qiao Shiliang could only bite the bullet and respond to Xiao Lingyu with a fake smile, "Boss Xiao!"

The Lady Boss pretended to be confused and asked, "Boss Xiao, so you know Boss Qiao too?"

Xiao Lingyu nodded. "I do. We have met once. He came to Taoyuan Village with Boss Zeng to discuss a collaboration with me. However, the collaboration didn't succeed." In fact, the man was kicked out by Gong Tianhao's guards.