Chapter 422: Sky-high Gift

Gong Tianhao's proposal was within their expectations and also without. They had just let Gong Tianhao back into the house, and he immediately proposed.

At this point, Father Xiao and Mother Xiao also hoped that the two would get married. At least, it should happen before the child was born so that he wouldn't be called illegitimate.

However, giving their daughter away just like that didn't feel good to them. They had raised their daughter for more than twenty years. Marrying her off felt both happy and sad. They were happy that their daughter had found a man who truly loved her. However, they were sad that their daughter was going to leave them.

Father Xiao did not immediately agree to Gong Tianhao's request. Instead, he looked at Xiao Lingyu and asked, "Yu 'Er, what do you think?"

Xiao Lingyu blushed and said in embarrassment, "Dad, you can make the decision."

Since she was in love with Gong Tianhao, she naturally did not reject marrying him.

Besides, she also wanted Xiao Tong to have a father who loved him and protected him.

In her previous life, she owed him too much. In this life, she wanted to give him the most perfect and happiest life.

With the love of a father, a mother, grandparents, and the two families, he would definitely lead a very happy life this time. Thinking of this, Xiao Lingyu could not help but rub her belly and thought, 'Xiao Tong, you also want your parents to be together, right? Don't worry. Your father will definitely care about you.

'In my previous life, because of Mommy, you've suffered too much. In this life, Mommy will definitely not make the same mistake again. I will definitely love you. Your father will be there too. He is very handsome and will protect you.'

Everyone noticed Xiao Lingyu's action of rubbing her belly.

Father Xiao wanted to say something, but in the end, he said, "Okay! I'll leave my daughter to you. I hope that you can love her, protect her, and not hurt her."

"Yes, I'll definitely love her, protect her, and won't hurt her. Uncle and Auntie, don't

worry."

These past two days, Old Master Gong even walked with the wind in his step.

Yesterday, Old Master Gong brought Gong Tianhao to the Xiao family to propose marriage. Before they went, Old Master Gong and Gong Tianhao had discussed which items to use as betrothal gifts.

"Zhengyang, Qiuying, these are the betrothal gifts we gave you. Take a look." Grandfather Gong handed a gift list to Mother Xiao and Father Xiao.

Knowing that the Gong family was going to propose the marriage that day, the Xiao family rushed back no matter how busy they were.

As soon as Father Xiao and Mother Xiao opened the gift list, they were shocked. The list was so long that they couldn't even hold it.

There were six villas in the capital city, two Siheyuan, company shares, stock funds, and so on. Even if Father Xiao didn't understand stocks, just the six villas in the capital were estimated to be more than ten million.

Their understanding was limited because they had never left the mountain village.

However, Xiao Lingyu, who had worked in City Z before and was an elite worker in her previous life, was shocked by the list of betrothal gifts. The villas were located in the Golden District, so the price was naturally high. Based on her understanding of the real estate in the capital, it was at least 200 million per villa. On top of that, the Siheyuan cost more than one billion each.